Cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrianUK

UK man getting back into cycling here, dusted off the bike but need to get some comfortable cycling shorts etc, any recommendations?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Assos are the best, in my opinion, and probably the most expensive. You will get numerous opinions but it really comes down to personal choice. You need to buy some that fit well just as with any other type of clothing.

Do get bib shorts rather than shorts.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I wear Btwin waisted (not bib) shorts from Decathlon. They're cheap I've never found anything wrong with them. Maybe I've just struck lucky that they suit me.

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore, Sugoi, Pearl Izumi for me
...but I am likely anatomically different to a poster called Brian :whistle:

Domus

Guru
I too wear Lusso bibs. Tried waisted shorts but the elastic waist just digs in when on the bike.

OP
OP
B

BrianUK

Thanks for the advice all, I will do some shopping around! I used to have a white pair (big mistake!) will definitely go for something darker this time haha

screenman

Legendary Member
Whats the sizing and pad width like ? i have bought shorts in the past with a really narrow pad and found they can be uncomfy

I would say they are very generous on pad size, certainly never had a problem since I started using them, I was originally put off by the low price but my eldest had a couple of pairs and thought they were plenty good enough and bought me a couple, I am glad he did.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My two pence worth.
I used to suffer a lot on the sit bones. I swapped to Endura Pro and am very happy with them**
PaulSB cycles a lot more than me but my feelings on bib shorts are the opposite to him...... I just didnt like them. Tried 'normal' waist shorts and have no problem at all.
**I recently ordered a new pair. Exactly the same style and size etc as previous. They wont go near me (way too small) and had to go back.

Last edited:

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Dont feel padded shorts are the only option. Didnt find them comfortable myself. Got a padded seat in the end and now wear normal lycra bottoms.

tom73

Guru
Castelli for me but in the end it comes down to personal preference you may need to try a few before you get the right pair.
I would say bibs are a better option I only lasted a week with shorts soon switched and never looked back.

Top Bottom