cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Padded cycling shorts are designed to be worn without underwear, because of riding up and chafing issues. I moved on to a recumbent, and found that the padding just made matters worse. I therefore removed the pad from a pair of shorts and wore them with underwear, resulting in a distinct improvement. The latest experiment was wearing the shorts without underwear and this is certainly the answer for me on a recumbent. The comfort is superb, but to preserve some measure of modesty I wear a long top.

02GF74

Über Member
.... it's like wearing pants under your speedo or bikinini when you go swimming.

cycle shorts are not meant to be worn over pants.

OP
OP
S

stevehants

thanks for all your replys just come back from a short tour in france, did nt wear underwear and smeared myself in saddle cream. Managed to do about 260 miles in 3 days with no probs, just a bit tender on the muscle/bone on the points of contact with saddle.further questions to ask no doubt on other topics.
cheers steve

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Good stuff. Other touring discomforts can often be solved by making adjustments to the fit of your bike or changing a saddle etc. but often the only way to find out where it hurts is to go out and tour in the first place.

What part of France?

Top Bottom