Cycling specific trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Mine arrived, have been tested and I'm very impressed. The hidden press-studs save having to do the sock thing, very comfy and tested in a light shower appear rain-resistant. At that price, I've just ordered a second pair.

The only thing I'd say is that the sizing is very generous - you can safely order a size smaller than normal.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Rohan Bags?
Years ago, I wore almost nothing but Rohan. Once they were bought by Clarkes, though, the styles all changed and I didn't like any of them. Shame they didn't continue as they were, but I guess the mass-market is for more traditional styling.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Years ago, I wore almost nothing but Rohan. Once they were bought by Clarkes, though, the styles all changed and I didn't like any of them. Shame they didn't continue as they were, but I guess the mass-market is for more traditional styling.

Agree. Stuff like the Moving On, Mariner and the original Savannah/Pampas jacket were a real loss. Airlight (poly-cotton) was a brilliant fabric for all those applications but seems to have been edged out in favour of more 'technical' cloth. Bags though have changed only a little. You do however have to fit them. Blokes versions don't always adequately conceal whether sir dresses to right or left and camel-toe can be a problem for women's styles. Not always suitable for work either - even when they do fit..

OTOH more recent designs in polyamide such as Fusion trousers are comfortable, very hard wearing and will launder and dry overnight. My oldest pair must be five plus years old and survive the daily Brommy commute with no sign of thinning or shine on seat. Neither have they worn on left knee - a week point for me as it's the one I naturally go down onto when dealing with low filing or plugging in/setting up IT for presentations.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Oh my, I did not need to know those Rapha jeans existed. Want!

They are really nice, super soft and comfortable, they are just so nicely made with a top quality finished which I really appreciate.
They look as if someone took pride in making them.. Only downside is the price, but they are lovely things imho

Thought I would share my views to help deter you further :laugh:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
They are really nice, super soft and comfortable, they are just so nicely made with a top quality finished which I really appreciate.
They look as if someone took pride in making them.. Only downside is the price, but they are lovely things imho

Thought I would share my views to help deter you further :laugh:

If clothes are food, and last for years them they are worth it.

potsy

Rambler
GOOD, although food is a great typo
^_^

sazzaa

Buy them here for £20. Bought two pairs and been commuting in them all this month - slim cut but almost vanity sizing (I'm 31/32" in trousers, but the 30" fits me), so consider getting two sizes.

I've just ordered the female version for £30 - annoying that we have to pay extra for being female!! But awesome link and still a bargain so thanks :-)

StuUngar

Buy them here for £20. Bought two pairs and been commuting in them all this month - slim cut but almost vanity sizing (I'm 31/32" in trousers, but the 30" fits me), so consider getting two sizes.

I concur, they are fantastic trousers - especially for the price!
Mine arrived, have been tested and I'm very impressed. The hidden press-studs save having to do the sock thing, very comfy and tested in a light shower appear rain-resistant. At that price, I've just ordered a second pair.

The only thing I'd say is that the sizing is very generous - you can safely order a size smaller than normal.

I ordered another pair after I got my first pair - only just washed and seem to have come out in tact and shape. Real bargain at £20 delivered iMO!

Can anyone recommend trousers suitable for cycling that will also look good in an office environment. I find my current lot are ok, but they are quite "thin" in the bum, and i'm worried all the saddle sitting will result in holy trousers :eek
I'm after some with a tougher seat section, give in the knees and still look like normal pants.

bpsmith

Veteran
I've just ordered the female version for £30 - annoying that we have to pay extra for being female!! But awesome link and still a bargain so thanks :-)
That's a first! Every offer or discount I see online is weighted towards female kit.

Top Bottom