Cycling the wrong way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthames

Über Member
I have on camera somebody cycling the wrong way down a one way street.

4690420077_8b60b83684_b.jpg

This is the road that he had just come down: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&l...h_iNSMtNMG2-Fojjqak5Lg&cbp=12,357.86,,0,13.35

It annoys me when I see POBs do this sort of thing as it give cyclists a bad name. If that is you in the picture, shame on you.

thomas

the tank engine
oh well. Not the end of the world.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I do the same on a regular basis on one of the back roads I commute on otherwise it's a bit of a detour.. as with Thomas above, not the end of the world is it?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Matthames said:

This is the road that he had just come down: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&l...h_iNSMtNMG2-Fojjqak5Lg&cbp=12,357.86,,0,13.35

It annoys me when I see POBs do this sort of thing as it give cyclists a bad name. If that is you in the picture, shame on you.

I can't see why it isn't contraflow for cyclists. Always seems to be the case that it's all right to have cars double parked down a street and then because it is one way cars racing along in the middle. I really can't see why it's not contraflow.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Whilst we are all fessin up, I ride the wrong way up

this

road every time I go home. Its deserted, has massive layby's to pull into if something happens to come the other way and a big ol' pavement that i can walk up if there is ever a show or exhibition on (and its busy).

still ton's quicker than the route around

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
marinyork said:
I can't see why it isn't contraflow for cyclists. Always seems to be the case that it's all right to have cars double parked down a street and then because it is one way cars racing along in the middle. I really can't see why it's not contraflow.

To be honest, I see no point in it being a contraflow, the street a little further up goes in the direction that this bloke went in. If he was coming from the station, then he could of easily taken the route I took.

I will up load the relating video.

Matthames said:

I don't think that's a POB. Panniers, trouser clips and mud guards. That's a cyclist.

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
One of the issues of cycling the wrong way down a one way street is that pedestrians quite often will not be looking your way and step out in front of you. This is certainly true in this case. Something which the video will reveal. In the still you can probably see the woman in the pink top, with her she has another woman who is pushing a pram.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think doing this is pretty 'kin stupid - I cringe at the thought of a head on collision as a potential result whenever I pass an idiot like this one.

thomas

the tank engine
Matthames said:
One of the issues of cycling the wrong way down a one way street is that pedestrians quite often will not be looking your way and step out in front of you. This is certainly true in this case. Something which the video will reveal. In the still you can probably see the woman in the pink top, with her she has another woman who is pushing a pram.

That's assuming the pedestrian even knows it is one way, or would look anyway. Better to be cautious.

Matthames said:
Ok here is the video:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKTR34rOOc

You might get a better idea of what is going on if you watch it in full screen.

That looked....terrifying. I'd lodge a police report to claim for dry cleaning for your brown shorts moment.

Seriously, if the worst that happens on a commute is someone goes the wrong way down a one way road then you have nothing to fuss about.

Top Bottom