Cycling through the Alps and further...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karol

1st of July I'm going to cycle all the way from Milan to sought Poland. The trip is just over 900 miles long, and I hope to finish it in 2 weeks+. I'm graduating soon in University and came up with this brilliant idea for summer:smile:

Anyone interested in joining me is more than welcome. Please feel free to ask any questions. Any advices would be much appreciated. I'm aware that there is just a bit over a month left, and it would be hard to organise the time and money...but maybe...

shaneinfrance

Sound like a fabulous adventure. What path do you intend taking to get to South Poland. I’d say you’re looking @ 2.5 weeks. Camping or x* accommodation? Faster if travelling light on road bike,

OP
OP
K

karol

I don't have a specified route yet. I'm having a wee problem with finding a good scale maps, although I would like get the best of the Alps, and then just move on on B-roads north - east way. The places I'm looking to go through are the roads going close to Innsbruck, Munich, Ceske Budejovice (hehe Capital of Budweiser:smile:, Krakow. These cities are just to show the main sketch of the route. I'll be avoiding any bigger towns, too much waste of time.

As for the nights, money is a big issue for me, so I'll try to make it reasonably cheap. Camping seems to be ideal, not only because of money but of course of the whole atmosphere.

I'll be riding on a road bike Giant SCR 2.0. 2 panniers on the back, one on the bars + wee bag under seat with tools. Yeah I'm looking for a 2.5 weeks ich. Tent + sleeping mate goes on the racks. Probably around 15 - 20 kg.

When cycling in Scotland I was able to do up to 85 miles a day, but with the luggage and I'll be looking for 60 miles tops on the flat roads. No idea how that can look in the Alps.

One thing is sure. It will be a great adventure:smile: Can't wait

Top Bottom