Cycling to/from Dublin Airport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark

I will be visiting family in Dublin on my way home from a cycling tour this May, I was considering cycling between the airport and my sister's house in south Dublin (Rathfarnham). Google Earth and my map show a road called Swords Road, aka Old Airport Road, that looks like it would bypass the motorway and get me into Dublin. Has anyone here cycled between Dublin Airport and Dublin or points south? My sister (definitely a non-cyclist) insists that it would not be a pleasant ride. I'd like to hear from some actual cyclists before deciding. FWIW I've cycled in and out of airports at Heathrow, Gatwick and Florence, Italy in the past and I'm fairly comfortable cycling in traffic.

TIA,

jags

Guru
ok here goes when you leave the termanal turn left follow exit sign's all the way to main roundabout your looking for santry so go round and take second exit if you go straight onat main roundabout your on the motorway ,i think theres a cycle lane have fun

seano

As Jag says, but its easier and safer to take a right after the filling station 0.6 ml straight ahead and left. This means you byepass the main roundabout, turn right onto Santry Road 1.2mls. straight ahead till junction with Nth. Fredrick St. & Blessington St. you cant miss it hugh sign Buses and taxis only take left 6.2 mls straight through city centre to Trinity college take right 7.1ml straight up to Christchurch Cathedral (don't park your bike to visit Strongbow or you'll be getting bus to Rathfarnham),Right here and no more turns till your in the Yellow house Rathfarnham enjoying a pint 11 miles. mostly cycle lane. enjoy

OP
OP
M

mark

Jags and Seano, thanks for the information. I should have a map of Dublin from Amazon.com in a few days, I'll map out the route and see how I feel about it then.

Top Bottom