cycling top gear ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
and the Martin Dorey campervan bloke can also ride a bike !

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
A TV programme that tested road bikes is too horrible to think about, but there have been some nice accounts of tours. Fat Man on a Bicycle comes to mind.

FMOAB was lovely, gentle and unassuming.
Claire Balding did that short series a while ago... not that I'm suggesting that she's fat, or a man... or balding.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
I overheard at the place I'm working today that they're making a pilot magazine show about running
ohmy.gif
… I might try and have a look at what they're putting in it tomorrow and see what the feedback is about cycling.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I have often thought about this myself. I would do a show with three presenters, a woman for female cyclists, a youngish bloke for mtb/road racing and someone older, maybe Adam Hart Davis, for older cyclists. I know he's a mad keen cyclist and lives somewhere here in Bristol.

If it's to get off the ground, it needs to have a producer attached to it, someone with a track record of getting proposals turned into TV shows ie. someone who can sell the idea. I once knew, a while back, a producer by the name of Mark Strickson (ex Dr Who actor) who lived locally and was dead keen on developing shows for TV (he produced some of the late Steve Irwins stuff back in the 90's). However, he now lives in New Zealand somewhere and I don't know how to get in touch with him :sad: .

Great idea for a TV show as cycling becomes more popular. Surely there must be someone in these forums who either works in TV or has some connections?. Unfortunately, this is the UK, land of half-measures,and it seems that you can only get something made for TV if it goes through 27 sub-committees for approval. Gerry Anderson moaned about this last year when he was asked about getting a new Thunderbirds series off the ground.

Top Bottom