cycling top gear ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
So do we know ANY television presenters that are passionate about cycling ?

lanternrouge

i don't think a cycling tv show would draw a big enough audience unless it had C list celebrities on it and we had to vote someone off each week. Cycling on the BBC is almost non existent, they did have the worlds on the red button but hardly advertised it.

anyway who wants a cycling show when we have such quality as 'snog, marry avoid' and 'hotter than my daughter'?

Arch

Married to Night Train
So do we know ANY television presenters that are passionate about cycling ?

I dunno about passionate, but Richard Hammond has been known to turn a pedal.

He also once ran through the night to get home for his daughter's birthday when his car was stuck in jams during the Gloucestershire floods some years back, so he's no slouch.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
tyler hamilton for stig
icon_twisted.gif

PBancroft

I dunno about passionate, but Richard Hammond has been known to turn a pedal.

He also once ran through the night to get home for his daughter's birthday when his car was stuck in jams during the Gloucestershire floods some years back, so he's no slouch.

Really? Hats off to the man.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Really? Hats off to the man.

Yes, I had one of his books where he describes it. He parked his Porsche up in Cheltenham I think, and ran home from there, as he had his running kit in the boot - he was on his way home after a week working in London. About dawn, he came across a motorway that had become a car park overnight, and encountered a chap getting out of his car after a night sleeping in it, who said he was trying to get somewhere - it was about 3 miles away, but it simply didn't occur to this chap that he could walk it. Hammond is nicely... not scathing exactly, more amazed, at how useless some people are without their car - a nice sign in a motoring journalist!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hammond has a carbon racing bike (child size perhaps? :biggrin: ), but May has been seen out a few times on a Brompton. Both are regular cyclists and have defended cyclists in general in the Press. May has been especially good at it when he did his Telegraph column.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Some ideas for items each week to make up 6 x 30 min episodes - shown off peak Sat or Sun AM ?

Riding a popular Offroad Family Route - canals, woods, old railways etc

Riding London Superhighways - a different timed run each week

Cycling Holidays/Touring/Expedition stuff ie -
Cycling in the Netherlands, France, Denmark, Ireland, Germany etc

News - Sustrans News/British Waterway News/CTC News - routes open/closed/diverted etc

Sport - Track Reports/Road Race Reports/MTB Race Reports/BMX Race Reports etc

Bike Tests - 3 bikes reviewed together each week (like the gadget show but better) -
Road Bike, Racing Bike, Recumbent, Trike, MTB, Tandem, Folder, BMX

A vintage slot for Roger

Beginers section each week - choosing and riding first bike, also clothing, locks, lights, road safety advice, lorry blindspots etc

Not sure how to avoid geeky presentations though, but this is where the hip presenters come in...

Top Bottom