Cycling trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big T

Guru
wafflycat said:
RonHill Bikesters - from Wiggle

Would you walk around in these? Slightly less revealing than lycra, but they make you look like a PE teacher! Fine for actually riding in though.

mikeitup

Veteran
Just bought some Ronhill bikesters and have to say they are great for cycling in. So comfy you don't know you are wearing them.

PE anyone? :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
For what it's worth, I wear an old pair of Billabong cord shorts (3/4 length) with Decathlon padded shorts underneath (I do an 8 mile each way commute). The cords are nice and warm (but being 3/4 length not too much so) and the only thing I'd change about them is to give them pockets with zip closures (atm everything I might need goes in jersey pockets).

Cord seems not to lose much heat in the rain (although I ride on drop bars, and I think my riding position keeps a fair bit of rain off my lower half).

I guess the only problem would be that cords would make you look like a geography teacher (wonder if I can get a hi-viz tweed jacket, with reflective elbow patches...?)

I've tried a few baggy shorts etc with inserts, and not really liked them (the ones where the inserts are attached never seem to get the fit of insert and trouser/short right, and the ones with separate inners, you might as well just wear bike shorts under another pair of shorts/trews)

Will1985

Über Member
I've got some 3/4 Endura Humvees which came with some useless 6 panel shorts which can clip onto the trouser waistline. I used them at uni without the lycra and always take them with me to Tours/Giros and visiting anywhere for more than a few minutes. With all the pockets, I would recommend any of the Humvee range to friends. I also have some Gridlock waterproof trousers which are very good and obviously cut for cyclists.

Jeans just chafe :biggrin:

Top Bottom