1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling trousers

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Elmer Fudd, 21 Aug 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Can you actually get cycle specific trousers ? I'm 1 of those eejits who goes round in jeans,,,, and they're not that comfy !:blush:

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

why not get some cycling undercrackers to wear under your jeans, if you're not keen on lycra tights and shorts?

like these

3. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Cheers alecs, why didn't I think of that ?
    (Oh, 'cos I'm thick :blush:)

4. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

RonHill Bikesters - from Wiggle

5. longers

longers Veteran

A pair of cheap walking style troos (with padded shorts under) could be good for you. Light, quick drying fabric and some have articulated knees ie. the fabric is sewn so it's already part bent at the knee - I find these good for when I want to wear a pair of strides on the bike. Millets and Decathlon are good for these (1 pair for about 12quid from Decathlon at the w/e).

6. starseven

starseven Guest

Sorry to contradict you Alec, but I would avoid that particular pair of smegs. I bought those and had to return them when the chamy bunched up, over the counter inspection an all, very embarrasing:blush:.

I have since bought some of oakley's padded undergarments which seem much better and up to the tough job intended they are thouroghly recomended :blush::biggrin:

7. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

8. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Halfrauds also sell the 'dirt monkey' range, primarily intended for ATB use, but they too have a padded insert and are reasonably priced.

9. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

Craghopper / Rohan (or similar) walking/leisure longs that convert to shorts. Wear padded boxers for riding comfort. Good compromise - comfort, shorts, longs, quick drying, light weight, dont scream cyclist when off bike.

10. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Working link for Edinburgh Cycle Co-op trouser range, worth a look...

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Endura Humvees are comfie.

12. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Apologies for the duff link - I couldn't work out how to insert it (and I've only worked in IT for 10 years!)

13. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

THX one and all, I've now got a few to look at.

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Jeans are also too hot to wear when riding a bike IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Maybe Vietnam Keith, but not in Durham (so far) this year, wish it had been.