Cycling Turbo Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reece

Veteran
reece how are you getting on with your turbo trainer,im ready to get one by end of the week..
Loving it. The hardest bit is the motivation to get it set up but that's just me being lazy. Really rate it although I haven't tried any others. 6 others in my club have the same model as me and all highly rate them too.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Bought a rear wheel cycle computer and fitted it this week. Doesn't work (yet). Probably 'finger trouble' so getting lovely hubby to check it soon. Still sweating like a hippo on a pogo stick each session tho so not a waste of money <just yet>

star84

Regular
Loving it. The hardest bit is the motivation to get it set up but that's just me being lazy. Really rate it although I haven't tried any others. 6 others in my club have the same model as me and all highly rate them too.
nice one mate so any improvement on your ride since you had?

Sonofpear

I got a Tacx blue matic. Really enjoying using it. Underestimated how much I'd sweat and could do with a fan. Its quite quiet but maybe thats because I cant hear it as I have music blasting haha. Need a new cassette too for my spare wheel to save me switching stuff over

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry for being a bit thick (& slightly off topic) but my bike computer won't work on a trainer will it ??....i would love my usual facts & figures even if i can't leave my garage !
The only figure that would mean anything is the elapsed time. The bike computer has no way of knowing what resistance setting you use on the turbo trainer so your numbers would come out the same if you were lightly spinning the pedals with almost zero resistance, as if you were grinding against a horribly hard setting.

PS A computer built into a 'smart' turbo trainer is a different beast. If the thing is calibrated properly and gives accurate readings then those could be quite useful.

Reece

Veteran
nice one mate so any improvement on your ride since you had?
Well didn't get out for 4 weeks due to bad weather and training courses for work but used he turbo. First ride out after this my fitness was not lost and may even been slightly better. I train on it within certain HR zones which are getting easier on the turbo.

Top Bottom