Cycling Turbo Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

i got a Tacx Sirius mag trainer, its very good and its had a fair old workout over the past few weeks, tyre wear seems to be minimal at the moment, noise again is minimal, i use it in the livingroom and Mrs Van doesn't complain of the noise when shes in the next room, infact she says she can't hear it.
the resistance is decent, added with your gears it'll give you plenty of options, there are other out there but thats my experience of this trainer. i would defo recommend it.^_^

Cubist

Still wavin'
Im looking at the fluid options, just hope the resistance is as good as the controlled ones.
It is, you simply use your gears to change resistance. The advantages are no remote cables etc. It feels pretty realistic, as your weight increases the pressure on the roller.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Yeah I saw is but is it any good :-)

It's fine for me. It's not an all singing all dancing one with easy adjustments for resistance (I have to get off to reset it) but I've used it a few times since I got it and sweat like a pig after 15 mins, so it's burning my calories at a very reasonable price (and i used my birthday money) :smile:.

I suppose it's very basic, as I didn't want to waste too much money if its just going to gather dust. Ideal for these snowy days for me though as a complete novice

andsaw

I bought this a few days ago,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Healthlin...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1c220b55c0
and up to now has been pretty good noise is like a whirring sound but its not that loud and a bit hypnotic, no idea what others sound like as its my first, its got 5 resistance levels and i am on up level 3 and that feels like a low grade hill any more than that is pretty hard so its got more than enough, and the bonus of probably losing weight a bit quicker than on the road with all that sweating, my bedroom window steamed up after about half an hour and its cold in there.

WobblyBob

Sorry for being a bit thick (& slightly off topic) but my bike computer won't work on a trainer will it ??....i would love my usual facts & figures even if i can't leave my garage !

Rayvon

just got the cycle ops fluid 2 the other week. It does help to keep the fitness up and not risk the the dark nights riding. Enjoy the videos too.

Top Bottom