Cycling underwear ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chess

Hi all. Is there such a garment ? I'm looking for some cycling padded undershorts or something similar to wear under my (normal) trousers on my commute to work.
I'm suffering from severe chaffing/ sore bum/ache and thought something like this would ease my problems.
Any advice and recommendations great fully received.
Thanks.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi all. Is there such a garment ? I'm looking for some cycling padded undershorts or something similar to wear under my (normal) trousers on my commute to work.
I'm suffering from severe chaffing/ sore bum/ache and thought something like this would ease my problems.
Any advice and recommendations great fully received.
Thanks.
Most likely you are experiencing chaffing...because you are wearing "normal" trousers. It may be best to just accept that whatever distance/style of riding you are doing, deserves different clothing.

Time to lycra up I fear.

Adding more layers will make matter worse.

mythste

Veteran
Most likely you are experiencing chaffing...because you are wearing "normal" trousers. It may be best to just accept that whatever distance/style of riding you are doing, deserves different clothing.

Time to lycra up I fear.

Adding more layers will make matter worse.

Potentially, but I know plenty of people who wear padded garments under shorts etc with no ill effect, and I can't fathom what the difference might be.

Vulpine are an exquisite but expensive option.

U

User6179

Potentially, but I know plenty of people who wear padded garments under shorts etc with no ill effect, and I can't fathom what the difference might be.

Material type , If you are sweating wearing cotton boxers they just absorb sweat and cause chaffing , I wear something like compression shorts , they are just like unpadded cycle shorts , wear them instead of normal pants, I wear them while walking as well .

10243169.jpg

Attachments

• 10243169.jpg
    10243169.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 30

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
There are. You can just wear normal shorts underneath [your trousers], but the undershorts benefit from not being shiny (and slippery) so your trousers stay put. I've got these Endura ones which came with my Humvee shorts.

[added for clarity]

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I may be able to post an alternative option. I ride 3-4,000 miles a year without the aid of a padded short. My simple yet effective solution is to wear M&S trunks style underwear under my trouser/shorts of choice. In my opinion it is far more important to be comfortably fitted to the bike than to wear padding that will mask a poor fit! This has served me well and even on a mega 185 miles in one day ride I did earlier this year I was still not sore at the end of the day. Uncomfortable maybe, but not sore and was of perfectly happy to jump back on the bike the next day.
Padded shorts are not necessarily the answer!

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I'm like Skol - M&S trunks under office trousers, lightweight baggies, or unpadded longs, according to destination & season.
The trousers are outdoor gear (Berghaus, currently), on the basis that, suitably selected, they are smart enough, and don't get holes in like proper ones do.

Perhaps some of it is that I ride Brooks saddles, which are shiny so that the clothing moves with me, rather than sticking to the saddle and rubbing against me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom