Cycling vs. Football Conundrum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
OK... So...

If you were offered a pair of Champions League final tickets in Madrid, with a night in a London hotel, two nights in a Madrid hotel, flights, transfers, and £250 spending money, but it meant you missing the Tour of Cambridge...

What would you do?

My answer would have been "it depends on whether or not DerLibpewlFubbubbub are involved", but I don't think that needs to be a consideration after last night :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
Cambridge will still be there when you get back. :smile:

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Football everytime.

Watching cycle racing is like watching paint dry imo
I'm not watching, I'm participating...

In the Tour of Cambridge, that is, not the Champions League Final.

ETA: I went to Fulham v. Everton the other week, and watched much of Paris-Roubaix the next day, and I can tell you that the latter was a far better spectacle ^_^

Last edited:
OK... So...

If you were offered a pair of Champions League final tickets in Madrid, with a night in a London hotel, two nights in a Madrid hotel, flights, transfers, and £250 spending money, but it meant you missing the Tour of Cambridge...

What would you do?

My answer would have been "it depends on whether or not DerLibpewlFubbubbub are involved", but I don't think that needs to be a consideration after last night :smile:

I'd go, use some of the 'spending money' to pay for the extra to take my bike, sell the football tickets, buy a ferry ticket with that money, do a few one-day tours in Spain and then a multiday ride to the nearest ferry port.

But then I don't see the point of football, so I may not be the best person to ask.

Tour of Cambridge every time, you know you want to. You can send the tickets to me, I won't be in Cambridge that weekend.

Top Bottom