Cycling/Walking holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Combi

My wife and I just returned from a walking holiday in Andalucia. As much as I enjoyed our walks, I spent my fair share of time drooling over possible cycling opportunities. I'd love to return for a cycling holiday, but my wife, while fit, is restricted to walking.

Does anyone know of tour companies that provide choices in outdoor activities? I know many on this forum recommend organizing these kinds of trips ourselves, but I prefer to let someone else plan routes and reserve hotel rooms (ten minutes on Expedia/Orbitz/Booking.com and usually I'm ready to strangle someone). Plus, I'd like us each to have others with whom we can walk/cycle.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think it is a case of what you search for and then sort it out from there.

I just looked at 'Multi Activity Holidays' and a lot of choices popped up.

The other alternative is obviously to hire a bike for yourself when you get to your holiday destination.

Steve

bigjim

Legendary Member
Probably not what you are thinking of course, but.
I was quite impressed whilst staying in a hotel in Malaga. there were a group of about 8 cyclists in the same hotel. They all had matching strip and bikes. Germans. Older guys. The interesting thing was they all had their wives with them. They all sat down together for breakfast, then the guys would ride off for the day whilst the ladies spent the day walking etc.
In the evening they would all be together again for the evening meal.
I thought at the time what a great idea.

OP
OP
Combi

Combi

Thanks for the hint about "Multi activity holidays" -- sometimes you just need the right search term.

Anyway, I think you're both probably right. I'm starting up with a local cycling group who appear to do the odd cycling holiday together; I'll test the waters with them.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Try these people: http://mountainwalks.com/
We did an Inntravel walking holiday which ended up there. They're primarily a mountain walking outfit (guided group walking) but the roads around would be perfect for riding, and are used as a training base by BMC and other teams. As they took us down to Alicante airport on the Sunday morning we must have passed hundreds of people on bikes - road and mountain.

Top Bottom