Cycling wallpaper for computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Go into the web site of your favorite bicycle make and download the 'dream bike' you want, then make it into the wallpaper. Gives you a nice feeling everytime you log on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Cheers Keith. I've done this in the past with photos of my own bikes too ;) :biggrin:.

Also wondering if anyone has any slightly more 'yesteryear' cycling wallpapers. Some of the old manufacturers' posters I've seen are really atmospheric, but can you get them as computer wallpapers?

Blue

Legendary Member
The Cycling Plus web-site used to have cycling related wallpaper available - shots of mountain stages of the TdF sort of thing. I used to have one on my laptop. Don't know if they are still available, but may be worth a search.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Here's some old ones I got some time ago from god knows where... will stretch a bit to screen size without too much loss of quality:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I just use any cycling photos I see on the web and use those as and when I see them. pretty much any web image can be used.
Currently I have a 'still' from that recent velodrome pile-up.
Right click on picture, then 'set as background' or alternatively save image and use from there.

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
Right click on picture, then 'set as background' or alternatively save image and use from there.

Cheers. I had never worked out how to do that. Now I know. :biggrin:

(I'll probably forget by next week ;))

stevenb

red_tom said:
http://www.grenoblecycling.com/GCP-Wallpapers-1.htm

The website belongs to a guy who used to post on the C+ forum. Lawrence??

Stunning scenic pics there. ;)

stevenb

red_tom said:
I love the Galibier in November one. I remember exactly that point in the Marmotte. (mostly because I was scared witless on the descent :biggrin:)

I take it then that you took these yourself? ;)
Even better still.
Yes I agree that Galibier one looks fab.

Would be great if the tour passed the huge tall bridge in south central France....is it called the Millau bridge????...cant remember...

longers

Legendary Member
I've seen it where peoples wallpaper is on a cycle of images they choose, be it their own photo's or other chosen images, does anyone know how I would set this up on IE please?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Longers, assuming you're a windows user, go to Microsoft's site and download the wallpaper changer "powertoy" - this should do it.

Top Bottom