Cycling with a bursitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My knee went pop today at work and i knew straight away what i had done :sad: Too much kneeling fitting skirting board and the like .
It was fun making the lads squirm looking at a double kneecap though ^_^
Anyhow , it doesn't hurt much and ive had it before but never while i have been into cycling . Normally i keep off the knee for two weeks and it goes away . Anyone else ride with one ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not so sure cycling will help especially if it irritates it more on the knee.

How do you know its bursitis ?
Everyone is different my hunch would be a short ride on flat roads may actually help - but a 3 hour ride on 10% hill probably will make things worse.....
If its bothering you or stopping you cycling - I would see a physio.

I've only had bursitis as a result of something else going on in my knee. The bursitis wasn't painful just the underlying condition and it took a couple of weeks of regular icing to get rid of it. if it's not painful and doesn't make it worse, crack on.

MarkF

Guru
Yeah, never bothered me at all when cycling nor playing 5-a side. The last episode lasted nearly 2 years, able to do everything without a problem until inadvertently putting direct pressure on the knee, aaaarrggghh!

One of life's pleasure is suddenly realising it's healed!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Yeah, never bothered me at all when cycling nor playing 5-a side. The last episode lasted nearly 2 years, able to do everything without a problem until inadvertently putting direct pressure on the knee, aaaarrggghh!

One of life's pleasure is suddenly realising it's healed!
Pretty much the same as i had about two years ago . Totally forgot i had the underlying problem and went on site hanging doors and fitting skirting boards .
I'll try and get the swelling down over the weekend and see how it goes . Got my first TT of the season on the 5th March so a bit annoyed with myself !

Top Bottom