cycling with MAN flu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nosherduke996

O.K i have got a cold at the moment at it it at the stage where theres snot everywhere.Do i carry on cycling or leave it until i feel better.
I havn,t been out since last week and i am getting withdrawn and depressed.:biggrin:

Tony B

go out if you feel up to it, it might do you good getting a good sweat up, make sure you have enough clothing on and when you get home straight into a nice warm bath.

ASC1951

Guru
Rule of thumb is that if the slime and obstruction is above the shoulders you are ok to go out and push yourself, subject to keeping warm etc. Below the shoulders, you should back off.

jimboalee

"Man flu" is that phone call to work to say..

"I don't feel too well today, [sniff], I'd better stay in bed",,,

Then drop the phone, pull on your cycling kit and go for a quick 100km before lunch.
Have a lunch at a pub 100 km from home and then ride another 100km back to your home address.

When you return to work, you look drained ( but not for the reason THEY think ).

:welcome:

Jonathan M

ASC1951 said:
Rule of thumb is that if the slime and obstruction is above the shoulders you are ok to go out and push yourself, subject to keeping warm etc. Below the shoulders, you should back off.

Its above the neck. Nasally symptoms probably won't get worse with exercise, strenuous exercise with sore throats, if the infection is caused by strep, could lead to bacterial endocarditis.

Hont

Guru
A good sweat is usually good, but don't push yourself too hard as overdoing it can depress the immune system. I'm sure a light spin in the fresh air will do you good.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Don't push too hard as the common cold virus can cause the membranes round your heart to retain fluid so it has to work harder to overcome the restriction which is why it's not sensible to exercise through the illness... so if you experience chest discomfort stop/ rest.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I've got a sort of a cold very slightly running nose and my tonsils seem enlarged, but don’t have a temperature as yet and I'm not riding my bike

Top Bottom