1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling with music on.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 28 Oct 2007.

?
  1. Yes, it's great.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it's stupid and dangerous.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. longers

longers Veteran

Do you?

2. KitsuneAndy

KitsuneAndy New Member

Yup.

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

No. I tried it once but could not hear the traffic. I think it's dangerous.

4. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Not sure about 'stupid and dangerous' but just not something I do. Besides, can you actually hear anything with wind noise unless you've got it turned up full volume?

5. KitsuneAndy

KitsuneAndy New Member

I've got a decent set of headphones and they work fine, drowns out the wind noise just fine but I never turn it up so loud that it blocks out the traffic noise.

I also pull one out and busy junctions/roundabouts, just to make sure that I can definitely hear everything.

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

i'm thinking of just starting having my mobile phone on speaker. can't be doing with headphones, too much of a faff.

7. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

yep, don't find it drowns out the noise of the traffic as the wind sweeps a lot of the noise away.

in fact, when i'm not wearing them i hear "imaginary" traffic. what's that all about? sometimes i swear something is there and i turn round and nothing!

8. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Just have it in the left ear, so only half stupid here!!!!

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Hah! It's not just me then.

10. starseven

starseven Guest

It is stupid and dangerous but not as stupid as cycling on Sunday 4 pm in rural Suffolk ( drunk ner do wells).

I dont use the ipod on a commute but on an early ride or time trial its v nice and you have to live before you die don't you??

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Most definitely NOT; it's stupid and dangerous, and besides, I don't have an MP-3 player! xx(

12. Leilei

Leilei New Member

I enjoy riding my bike and don't need music, but I do think it must be slightly dangerous.

13. KitsuneAndy

KitsuneAndy New Member

I hope none of the people saying it's stupid and dangerous ever drive a car with the stereo on....

14. I have done in the past and it didn't stop me being vigilant for traffic, but it also didn't stop me singing along either! Need to check whether there are people walking their dogs or cutting their hedges before launching into the chorus of some house music anthem or other...

15. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

Yep all the time - I keep it low enough so I can hear traffic, when I get out into the country, I am liable to sing along! (Iv been told by a few motorists to shut the **** up because I am crap though)