Cycling with music on.

Do you cycle with music on?

• Yes, it's great.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it's stupid and dangerous.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KitsuneAndy

longers said:

Yup.

Not sure about 'stupid and dangerous' but just not something I do. Besides, can you actually hear anything with wind noise unless you've got it turned up full volume?

KitsuneAndy

Crackle said:
Not sure about 'stupid and dangerous' but just not something I do. Besides, can you actually hear anything with wind noise unless you've got it turned up full volume?

I've got a decent set of headphones and they work fine, drowns out the wind noise just fine but I never turn it up so loud that it blocks out the traffic noise.

I also pull one out and busy junctions/roundabouts, just to make sure that I can definitely hear everything.

bonj2

i'm thinking of just starting having my mobile phone on speaker. can't be doing with headphones, too much of a faff.

buggi

Bird Saviour
yep, don't find it drowns out the noise of the traffic as the wind sweeps a lot of the noise away.

in fact, when i'm not wearing them i hear "imaginary" traffic. what's that all about? sometimes i swear something is there and i turn round and nothing!

buggi said:
in fact, when i'm not wearing them i hear "imaginary" traffic. what's that all about? sometimes i swear something is there and i turn round and nothing!

Hah! It's not just me then.

It is stupid and dangerous but not as stupid as cycling on Sunday 4 pm in rural Suffolk ( drunk ner do wells).

I dont use the ipod on a commute but on an early ride or time trial its v nice and you have to live before you die don't you??

I have done in the past and it didn't stop me being vigilant for traffic, but it also didn't stop me singing along either! Need to check whether there are people walking their dogs or cutting their hedges before launching into the chorus of some house music anthem or other...

pzycoman

Yep all the time - I keep it low enough so I can hear traffic, when I get out into the country, I am liable to sing along! (Iv been told by a few motorists to shut the **** up because I am crap though)

Top Bottom