Cyclist, 17, dies after hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
BBC crap journalism at it again.
They collided with a Vauxhall Insignia on Oldham Road at about 02:55 GMT.

Slick

Guru
Ffs Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss as sometimes these stories come to mind when you hear a revving engine behind me. I wonder what this guy's sentence will be?

Pillocks, we can’t stop them.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've also complained, not for the first time.

Although in this case the initial paragraph blames the drink-driver for the accident, so it's very confusing for the 3rd paragraph to imply the opposite. Make your mind up, Auntie.

It's sad to say that it will keep happening as long as no one fears being caught.
The non committal language of these reports just makes it more tragic, especially in the same week firing rockets at cyclists is praised by some.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
It's sad to say that it will keep happening as long as no one fears being caught.
Or is it more there is no fear of the potential sentence for such a crime? I've no idea what this kind of behaviour would attract as a punishment.

It isn't possible to imagine what parents and friends must be going through at the moment at such a tragedy happening in the circumstances described - getting behind the wheel having had too much. It could hardly be described as an 'accident'.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
[QUOTE 5437790, member: 9609"]I think its "Life" which is 14 years, but I think they are often out before half of that, so 5 or 6 years ?[/QUOTE]

No. A life sentence is just that. The judge will set a tariff based on culpability and mitigating factors. If tariff is 14 years then perp will serve that before even being looked at for parole.

Top Bottom