Cyclist attacked by men and dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There must have been more to it than that!

I'm probably wrong but it doesn't sound like a random attack.

'Stopped to have a fag at the top of a hill!' :smile:

Doesn't make it a less of an offence, though!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Dayvo said:
'Stopped to have a fag at the top of a hill!' :smile:

I still miss having a cig. at the top of a hill.

One more benefit of giving up: less chance of being attacked by two men and their dog.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Unfortunatly I have to agree. In this day and age random, unprovoked assaults are all to common and due to the ammount of red tape the police are tied up in are becoming harder and harder to prosecute.

Rhythm Thief said:
Sounds pretty straightforward to me. He stopped in the wrong place at the wrong time, poor lad. Could have happened to anyone.:thumbsup:

yenrod

Jake said:

Why did he stop 'to have a cigarette' - no cyclist I know smokes !

Rediculous.

It was some bloke on a bike.

NOT a cyclist.

yenrod said:
Why did he stop 'to have a cigarette' - no cyclist I know smokes !

Rediculous.

It was some bloke on a bike.

NOT a cyclist.

You ridiculous (note correct spelling) person. Why does it matter whether he smokes or not? Or, come to that, whether he's a "proper cyclist" or not? Are you in favour of anyone who doesn't meet your rigorous criteria for being a cyclist having their bikes forcibly taken off them?

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I've experienced harrassment whilst out running and I know of runners who have been biten on three or four occasions. One member of my running club was actually tripped and then head-butted - for reasons that were unclear.

For many years, I ran and cycled with my Great Dane X Mastiff; she could manage 18 mph (whilst I was cycling) for quite a while. I even took her on my training runs of up to 22 (hilly) miles - which she managed with no problem.

I never had any trouble with yobs or dogs when she was around - sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire. Sometimes, I'd see a 'dodgy' looking group who I could just sense were out for mischief, but then they would see the dog and back off. Any direct confrontation would always be avoided and I could run/cycle totally relaxed. Taking the dog may seem like overkill, but for me running/cycling is very relaxing and if I feel stressed whilst running/cycling then there would be little point in doing it.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
On that note - When does "Some bloke on a bike" become a "Cyclist"?

Rhythm Thief said:
You ridiculous (note correct spelling) person. Why does it matter whether he smokes or not? Or, come to that, whether he's a "proper cyclist" or not? Are you in favour of anyone who doesn't meet your rigorous criteria for being a cyclist having their bikes forcibly taken off them?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Odd that :thumbsup:

pubrunner said:
For many years, I ran and cycled with my Great Dane X Mastiff; she could manage 18 mph (whilst I was cycling) for quite a while. I even took her on my training runs of up to 22 (hilly) miles - which she managed with no problem.

I never had any trouble with yobs or dogs when she was around .....

yenrod

Rhythm Thief said:

Who would remove the bike from them ???????

So, if I smoke Rhythm I dont feel i could do what I do on a bike get real SMOKING damages your lungs ie cardiovascular system - no 'power' on the bike :thumbsup: the sum of which is NO CYCLIST OF CORRECT MIND SMOKES !

Top Bottom