Cyclist attacked in Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Not necessarily. Read his quotes.

"I overtook another cyclist"

"He came from nowhere"

That could be "I didn't look behind when I overtook the cyclist"

He also infers the driver has a negative attitude towards cyclists, and appears to derive this assumption from non verbal communication.

For someone with a PhD he doesn't appear very bright.
I would treat anything written by the media with caution. Especially when it comes to quotes. They love to skip following lines out.
Although this is only his words we are going off and from the looks I wouldn't trust it, not 100% anyhow.
You can make assumptions but just because it was not mentioned does not mean it did not happen or that it did. Once again its based on a quote which I am 100% sure was cut down for one purpose or another(cut down in sense following line which may have given clarity, possibly) . I'm thinking more towards word count.
Also we don't know the nature of the interview. It could have been on the spot outside his house for example. People miss stuff out or don't mention things.
I don't trust anything unless its backed by a similar supporting source.
In all too many variables.

Paul99

Über Member
The problem with the Doc's version of events, including his comment after the story is that he had no choice but to move into the carriageway when over taking the cyclist. I would have braked and dropped back in behind the cyclist that I was trying to overtake. But that's just me.

Paul99

Über Member
A professor in the UK is a job title at a university, usually the head of a department not a specific academic qualification, so could in theory have no qualification and be self taught. In the US it is usually a title for teaching PhDs.
WIYF

I always thought professor was an honorary title bestowed on somebody by their peers for their academic research etc I didn't know it was a job title.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
You should be able to wear a mini skirt without fear of getting raped just as you should be able to communicate via the use of hand signals without the fear of being assaulted. Some of the posters on here give the impression that he was somehow 'asking for it'.

Some of the kids that I used to deal with would often react more violently to being given the finger than to an expletive or two directed in their direction. In fact they used to call it "swearing" even if nothing was said.

Top Bottom