Cyclist auditions for Darwin award

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Drunk? The man with the bike, not @PK99

I love the "I don't f*****g care mate, you wanna HOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKKKKKK" bit. Absolute comedy gold. It would have been funnier if the train had ripped his bike out of his hands and sent him A.O.T. though. We need to find him, and get him to repeat the trick, but do it properly this time.

Drago

Legendary Member
In see the DM readers are ranting on about lunatic cyclists, conveniently forgetting all the Death Kill Police Bloodshed videos of car drivers pulling similar stunts.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know that, you know that...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To be fair, at peak times, that crossing is closed for what seems like 59 minutes every hour... and they removed part of the pedestrian bridge some years ago so you can't cross from one side to the other on foot/with a bike when the gates are down...
A new bridge was installed by the level crossing in 2013 (rotate the earlier streetview if this link doesn't work). Has it already been removed?
80004&fov=99.86125248610605&pitch=-4.368003732975424&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg.jpg

A new bridge was installed by the level crossing in 2013 (rotate the earlier streetview if this link doesn't work). Has it already been removed?
View attachment 352011
Blimey - shows how long since I've been there - there used to be one on the station side of the crossing. North Sheen is just one platform with the tracks going either side. You could access the station from both sides of the crossing and therefore cross over when the gates were down... years ago they removed one side of the bridge - so you could only access the station from one side and couldn't cross the tracks... I haven't driven/cycled down there for quite a while and haven't noticed it when on the train!!

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom