Cyclist died - help required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

Appeal over cyclist who died on Loftus Bank

Jun 5 2010 by Karen Faughey, Evening Gazette
POLICE today appealed for information to help identify a cyclist who died on Loftus Bank.
The man was cycling along the A174 on Thursday at about 3.30pm when he died.
The man is white, in his 40s, with grey hair with dark patches. He was wearing silver Nike trainers, blue, black and red gloves, a red and black jacket with a high visibility waistcoat, white cap and black cycle pants and top.
His racing bike was white and made by Dawes.

Link to original article below:
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2010/06/05/appeal-over-dead-cyclist-84229-26593700/

I know its a longshot as there arent many from this area but please if anyone can help please contact:
Cleveland Police on 01642 326326, quoting event number T92908 or the coroner’s office on 01642 243221.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
that is very sad died on Thursday and no one missing you RIP

Norm

God speed, sir.

This is why I always have a couple of cards with name address and next of kin on both me and the bike whenever I ride.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
So sad :biggrin: May you rest in peace

If you carry a mobile phone with you I'd recommend labelling a number in your phone book 'ICE' (for In case of Emergency) as police/paramedics etc. are will look for this.

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Cant see any updates on the local news sites. It is believed that no cars were involved so natural causes is suspected.
My parents were wanting me to buy this or similar:
http://www.polartags.co.uk/helmet.html

Initially I didnt like the idea, but after reading about this poor chap Im thinking of buying one. I already carry my drivers licence / mobile when I ride but this product is highly visible and probably worth it.

If any further info is released Ill post it here.

Brains

Legendary Member
Interesting product.
It would also attach to a bike frame

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
mike.pembo said:
Cant see any updates on the local news sites. It is believed that no cars were involved so natural causes is suspected.
My parents were wanting me to buy this or similar:
http://www.polartags.co.uk/helmet.html

Initially I didnt like the idea, but after reading about this poor chap Im thinking of buying one. I already carry my drivers licence / mobile when I ride but this product is highly visible and probably worth it.

If any further info is released Ill post it here.

What always worried me about those tags were the questions: is it waterproof, and will it move my head on removal? Bearing in mind that moving the head may be disasterous. I carry ID in my pannier bag, plus phone and wage slip usually.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
downfader said:
What always worried me about those tags were the questions: is it waterproof, and will it move my head on removal? Bearing in mind that moving the head may be disasterous. I carry ID in my pannier bag, plus phone and wage slip usually.

Absolutely. A sticker like that is an open invitation to move the rider's head.

Top Bottom