Cyclist Down - Barrow in Furness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SurlyNomad

WTF! Was that Rawlinson street? That was horrendous. Hope the poor guys ok.

Ouch, classic left hook. Hit and run too, poor guy, hope he's OK.
Not helped by the barriers as will - gave the cyclist no where to go. Thankfully was not a HGV or he could have ended up under wheels.

Just as bad were the two drivers driving past after the accident.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
The driver who caused it turned round and then went into a side street. Could be that they were parking the car and returned to the cyclist after the video finished.

Possibly, but why not stop sooner, why the acceleration? That's what went through my mind.

Yep, that's what I thought too. At first thought maybe the acceleration to rush over and help, but when they turned off my expectations of human nature were sadly renewed.

atbman

Veteran
Hate to play devils advocate, but does the video show enough to determine responsibilty? It'simpossible to tell whether or not the car overtook and then left hooked, or had signalled left, slowed down and the rider wasn't paying attention and ran into him.

Bad choice not to stop tho'

PK99

Legendary Member
Hate to play devils advocate, but does the video show enough to determine responsibilty? It'simpossible to tell whether or not the car overtook and then left hooked, or had signalled left, slowed down and the rider wasn't paying attention and ran into him.

Bad choice not to stop tho'

looks as though the cyclist was hard to the left of the lane on the yellow lines, whether he was turning left of going straight on, correct positioning would be much further out to control the lane

Jonno Boy

Regular
looks as though the cyclist was hard to the left of the lane on the yellow lines, whether he was turning left of going straight on, correct positioning would be much further out to control the lane

Agreed, motorists might not like it very much but it's better all round than someone getting injured.

Monkspeed

I drive a car as I'm sure many of you do too. I know if it were me and I was turning left, I would have slowed right down and drove behind the cyclist and waited until it was safe to make my left turn.

What this driver does it just indefeasible, driving with undue care and attention, and dangerous driving all rolled into one. Accidents can and do happen but when this driver just continues to drive on then to me that is just proof that either a) They knew what they were doing and couldn't give a damn or b) Didn't know what the hell was going and to this day still doesn't. Either way this driver needs the book thrown at them as both scenarios are equally as bad.

my 2p worth.

OP
OP
G
I drive a car as I'm sure many of you do too. I know if it were me and I was turning left, I would have slowed right down and drove behind the cyclist and waited until it was safe to make my left turn.

What this driver does it just indefeasible, driving with undue care and attention, and dangerous driving all rolled into one. Accidents can and do happen but when this driver just continues to drive on then to me that is just proof that either a) They knew what they were doing and couldn't give a damn or b) Didn't know what the hell was going and to this day still doesn't. Either way this driver needs the book thrown at them as both scenarios are equally as bad.

my 2p worth.

+1001

Top Bottom