Cyclist down btw Stockwell and Kennington this am

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Did you see the bike? How was it?
I wish him well

Hope he's OK.

Slow response of ambulance may well be an issue. When I witnessed a motorbike crash a few weeks ago, I called the ambulance but it took 20 minutes to arrive, despite being only a few minutes drive from the nearest ambulance station (so I was told). But quickly getting a paramedic, or at the very least a trained first-aider, to the scene is best. Those first few minutes at the roadside can be absolutely crucial.

SO8

Veteran
Hope he's OK.

Slow response of ambulance may well be an issue. When I witnessed a motorbike crash a few weeks ago, I called the ambulance but it took 20 minutes to arrive, despite being only a few minutes drive from the nearest ambulance station (so I was told). But quickly getting a paramedic, or at the very least a trained first-aider, to the scene is best. Those first few minutes at the roadside can be absolutely crucial.

Lets hope they were OK !

Re the ambulance for 'your' motorcycle crash there may have simply been no one at the ambulance station to respond. The ambulance service more and more frequently seem to have 'no ambulances' to deal .... or they have to come from a distance.

Not ideal but the result of people expecting more and more from ambulances perhaps .... rather than go to their GP or to A&E themselves if possible and not using it for a true emergency ?? Just a thought ....

Re the ambulance for 'your' motorcycle crash there may have simply been no one at the ambulance station to respond. The ambulance service more and more frequently seem to have 'no ambulances' to deal .... or they have to come from a distance.
Quite possibly. If all the ambulances are out on 'shouts' I suppose it depends on how soon one becomes free. Anyway, in that crash, both motorcyclists survived, I read in the local paper a few days later that both were 'stable' in hospital.

Top Bottom