Cyclist down...but not in that way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Do forgive me a little bit of self-pitying indulgence for a moment..

Back in 2004 I was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Luckily for me it has never progressed yet to a more severe progressive form and I am well aware that I am lucky to be free of any symptoms for the vast majority of the time.
But I do get, like now, my 'lulls' as I call them. Actually I tell MrsD I've got the four w's, that's wobblies, whoopsies, weepies and wearies. Wobbly as in falling over, Whoopsy as in clumsy, dropping stuff etc, Weepy as in getting pretty depressed for no apparent reason and finally Weary as in spend most of the day asleep. In fact I started this at 10am and it's now 12 and I've just woken to find my draft...

The worst part is seeing the sunshine outside now and knowing that I can't get out for a ride at the moment, or even be bothered actually to go down to the shed and fettle the bike a bit. I'll have to let it pass. That could be for two or three days, or a couple of weeks or more. So I'm a little down, but...

This site has been like a little refuge, you all talk about all sorts of subjects with a good humour, and I can dip in and out during the day, as and when the dozing allows, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone and forgive me for sometimes being a bit negative or random if I post anything at the moment.
:bravo:Sitting at home, but not alone, thanks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In bed myself today. Bad night of pain, coupled with an exhausting couple of weeks with my lad being rushed into hospital and found he is Type 1 diabetic. Probably spending three hours fitting a new loo and running about for parts finished me off.

Hope you are back on the mend soon

ScotiaLass

Guru
Do forgive me a little bit of self-pitying indulgence for a moment..

Back in 2004 I was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. Luckily for me it has never progressed yet to a more severe progressive form and I am well aware that I am lucky to be free of any symptoms for the vast majority of the time.
But I do get, like now, my 'lulls' as I call them. Actually I tell MrsD I've got the four w's, that's wobblies, whoopsies, weepies and wearies. Wobbly as in falling over, Whoopsy as in clumsy, dropping stuff etc, Weepy as in getting pretty depressed for no apparent reason and finally Weary as in spend most of the day asleep. In fact I started this at 10am and it's now 12 and I've just woken to find my draft...

The worst part is seeing the sunshine outside now and knowing that I can't get out for a ride at the moment, or even be bothered actually to go down to the shed and fettle the bike a bit. I'll have to let it pass. That could be for two or three days, or a couple of weeks or more. So I'm a little down, but...

This site has been like a little refuge, you all talk about all sorts of subjects with a good humour, and I can dip in and out during the day, as and when the dozing allows, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone and forgive me for sometimes being a bit negative or random if I post anything at the moment.
:bravo:Sitting at home, but not alone, thanks.
Ah I do sympathise!
I have Fibromyalgia and it's often like that with me...when I feel good I tend to over do things which means I can be laid up even longer!
My mind is willing but my body says 'You're going to do what - I don't think so!' :laugh:
I hope this doesn't last too long and you're soon back out there...in the meantime...we're here!
:hugs:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I'll have to let it pass. That could be for two or three days, or a couple of weeks or more.

If you're persistently sad for weeks, you need to go to your GP for advice. There's a quick test you can try here on the NHS website. It takes under 1 minute and will give you a good indication of your position:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

There are cognitive behaviour therapy sites too, which may be useful to you, you can google for them. Medication is another option you could discuss with your GP if you prefer to go down that route.

Whatever happens, don't try to muddle through!
(That's an order.)

GC

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Thanks for good wishes everyone, and hope you all get breaks from your ailments too!

@glasgowcyclist Thanks for that, I have unfortunately got to the medication stage before, thankfully because of that I now recognise when I might need that sort of help again. My GP is supportive of my determination not to see her until I really need to! The depression is part of the package of symptoms that arrive all at once, normally it lasts for about a day and then goes while the rest of them carry on afterwards, leaving me more frustrated than desperate... I'm sure that wording may be worth some smutty joking by someone...

@ScotiaLass I'm pretty sure your illness may have been one considered when trying to work out what I had, seems to present with some similar stuff. Vice versa I'd imagine.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Thanks for good wishes everyone, and hope you all get breaks from your ailments too!

@glasgowcyclist My GP is supportive of my determination not to see her until I really need to!

So long as you treat your mental well-being as seriously as your physical well-being. Too many people (I'm not saying you) delay until things get really bad, thinking they can cope.

Get well soon.

GC

ScotiaLass

Guru
@ScotiaLass I'm pretty sure your illness may have been one considered when trying to work out what I had, seems to present with some similar stuff. Vice versa I'd imagine.
Yes, I do believe it does present similarly. I know I have to cope with bouts of depression too.
I refused medication and had some counselling which worked well for me, but everyone is different!

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Fog lifting a bit today I think, mentally anyway.. Just as well, MrsD just came home from work and announced she's like us to go up to see her Mum tomorrow, she's just had a major op on Friday and is still in Intensive Care... in Swansea... We are near Exeter. :rolleyes: Would be easy if there wasn't that bloody big bit of water in the way.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
.................. then goes while the rest of them carry on afterwards, leaving me more frustrated than desperate... I'm sure that wording may be worth some smutty joking by someone...

Calling Doctor @Fnaar ....your skills are needed in the examining room

Top Bottom