Cyclist down...but not in that way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Calling Doctor @Fnaar ....your skills are needed in the examining room
ooh-matron-with-text.gif

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Yeah yeah, I thought someone would call him...:rolleyes:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well...having had the odd dark moment in the past, I'd recommend not toughing it out.
Everyone needs some help sometimes, make sure you get it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The sleeping moreso than usual is crap, isn't it??

Some people wish to get more sleep, but the opposite is just as bad - It buggers up your sleeping pattern, you miss things, you get headaches and you feel sluggish all the time..... Well I do anyway.

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Thanks Doc, the difficulty I've had with medication before is that they take time to build the necessary chemicals enough to have an effect and that my little episodes of that part of the package normally pass after 24 hours or so. I haven't had an episode lasting more than a week for more than five years now. Recognising what it is and what to do if it lasts longer than usual is what I was saying above with regards to a GP visit, ie 'give me the happy pills now..grrrrr....'

It's a peculiarity of MS that you don't know precisely what is going to happen, you just have to learn what the approaching signs of an attack are. Depression, obsessive behaviour, balance issues, walking into things, dropping things, overall weakness, sleeping 16 to 18 hours a day, short temper, cognitive difficulty, speech difficulty, muscle pain, swallowing difficulty, random aches, burning sensations, motor control. That's my version and I've had about 12 years of it with 5 or 6 'attacks' a year. Luckily once the depression lifts, and it almost feels like a watching a sunrise in your mind, you can feel it going, I'm just left with the frustration part of the rest of the problems, but at that stage you can normally just deal with it or go to sleep and wait for it to pass!

Has anyone else recognised how difficult it is to write proper English and not make it, to invent a word, 'Fnaarrable'?

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Morning all, just like to say thanks for the entertainment and concern and tell you I'm on the upward bit again now...and as usual feeling a bit embarrassed about bleating on feeling sorry for myself when there are more important things in the world than me.. :blush: Still a bit physically wobbly but hopefully I can resume riding again after the weekend. :training:
Now for a bath and a shave and then off to the shed for a fiddle...oh damn...fettle... argghhh... He'll be here... :rolleyes: I meant change the saddle on the bike and clean it after the last ride (before which I removed the mudguards) resulting in it being slightly less than white, more sort of 'cowshit speckle with a hint of pothole water splash'. :smile:

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
My sister-in-law has ME. From what I've seen, it's no fun at all. Best wishes.

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Thanks @marknotgeorge , nope, a definite lacking in fun bits, thankfully the mind is coming back to full sharpness. Body takes a few days to catch up, annoyingly for anyone here the fingers to keyboard interface doesn't seem to be affected.

Top Bottom