Cyclist Down, Glasgow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Shoot. Lorry Vs Cyclist.

Not good 😳

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
How sad, RIP.
This was my commute for many years.
Coming back from the SEC, if one goes on the road instead of the riverside shared path, there are some bits unsafe for cyclists.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
How sad, RIP.
Coming back from the SEC, if one goes on the road instead of the riverside shared path, there are some bits unsafe for cyclists.

Last report I saw said cyclist taken to hospital. Do you have a confirmed report of death?
If so, then RIP, but I'm still hopeful.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
How sad, RIP.

You will know it better than anyone Pat, as I was trying to remember if there was a cycle lane there or if it was one they removed post Covid?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not apportioning blame. But yet another tipper lorry.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Despite another death little thought will be given making more space or provision for better cycling it will just be something along the lines of awareness training for drivers or brighter colours on trucks or another 'seeing to be done' quick fix.

Sallar55

Veteran
This is one section of the cycle routes that might be fixed now. Look at the bridges and see the difference, the one at the death

Screenshot_20230129-161028.png
cuts back up to the lights and the other is cantilevered under.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Tragic event; but....
Does anyone know what actually happened yet? Before we start making assumptions as to who/what is to blame?
I remember a similar thread years ago when a caravan was involved in a fatal RTC with a cyclist. Turns out cyclist had been head down, rode into back of stationary caravan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom