Cyclist down, near Beverley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Oh dear :sad: .

martynjc1977

Veteran
It kinda sums up the area tbh, no one in bothered that someone is hurt or dead just that it closed a road and held them up.

What a waste, RIP :sad: I'm glad that stupid, insensitive (insert stronger word here) comment was removed though :angry:

Look North managed a whole 30 seconds on it. 'road closed' 'cyclist in collision with lorry' 'driver not injured' Usual crap reporting.
No mention of a fatality, just cyclist with serious injuries taken to HRI

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've been monitoring the various news sites and it seems to me that most bad taste stuff will get removed.However one site I found (This Is Bristol) seems to almost encourage them. If ever I end up on these sites and see such a comment I tend to report them.

RIP to the poor cyclist.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
This is on my occasional (commute) route, I did it Monday & planning it tomorrow,

I will stop commuting by the end of clocks going back, as this road is not great in good clear weather, soon as its dark / bad weather it becomes 'lethal'
Lots of motorbike and car pile ups, they have put slower speed limits in...

I see a few good hardy souls who commute all year. Wonder if its one of the chaps I see reguarly, RIP

fecking 5hit really

Used to ride that way all the time from school, we had a boat on the Driffield canal at Hempholme, Though I usually used to go via Wawne and Meux Lane to come out at Routh and miss out the stretch from Hull Bridge through Tickton, I never liked that stretch up to Leven, and that was 19 years ago

zacklaws

Guru
Reports on the condition of the cyclist are confusing. There was no report of them killed yesterday on the local paper online, this morning at work, the local paper online stated that he had passed away at 0430 this morning, and when I look again at home on the same site, the cyclist is still fighting for his life, all confusing.

It is a sad fact though that some people are insensitive, a colleague at work had a friend killed on the same stretch of road on his motorcycle who was also the partner of his sister. It was a head on crash with a car. The driver of the car was on the wrong side of the road going round a bend. The CPS is not going to prosecute, so the driver can still drive as if nothing had happened. The family is furious about this, but all people were posting was "Get over it". To them it was as if the family had lost a pet instead of a human life.

Can't do much sadly.

Although possibly you could it's just too long winded and common (nasty comments) to beable to do anything - would be nice to see though, IP address, idiot posters unlikely to be hiding behind some proxy or anything and most likely in the UK, ISP, address, pull the whole household, drag them to the funeral...

Top Bottom