Cyclist Down - Norwich

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jeez I hope they pull through an the bus driver and passengers are OK too

There's not really enough to go on but from that damage I can only guess that somebody pulled out in front of somebody; it looks nasty!

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

I really can't work out where it happened, even with the assistance of streetview. There are a lot of car parks in that area so the location in the story isn't at all helpful.

wafflycat

Landslide said:
In a car park? WTF? At least one of the parties involved must have been going at bloody silly speeds.

It's not in a car park - it's on the road at the back of the car park. If you look at the pic it's public road, not car park. There's been a lot of works there and streetview maps won't have caught up with how it looks now.

Helly79

I cycle down that road everyday around 8ish in the morning so this accident happen after i passed. Its a very confusing area due to lots of road works and there was a cycle path near the black fence but due to the road works it has been ripped it up to make way for this new road. Hopefully they will be adding a new cycle path. I really hope the lady recovers well.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
It does look like a particularly nasty collision whatever the circumstance :biggrin: - I hope the lady makes a full recovery

g00se

Veteran
I know the area - there's a lot of road works going on at the mo. My other half goes that way most days.

It's normally a quiet stretch - mainly buses heading off to a bus only route - and cars going to a couple of car parks. The last time I was down there the other week, it was still temporary lights controlling a single lane - but this was right next to a cut through that cyclists use. Of course, I'm not implying that's what happened, but it's very confusing around there.

Hope she's not in a too serious condition.

Top Bottom