Cyclist down RIP Jean from Chryston

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yerteasoot

RIP to Miss Jean Watson aged 83 who sadly passed away at Queen Elizabeth hospital Glasgow. Jean was involved in a collision with a car on Thursday 10th august whilst riding her bike in Chryston just outside Glasgow. I didnt know Jean personally, however I seen her out on her bike all the time, she always made me smile when I seen her on her bike hail, rain or shine. The police haven't been able to trace any of her relatives so far. RIP Jean you will be missed in the local area, Ive no doubt about that

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
RIP to Miss Jean Watson aged 83 who sadly passed away at Queen Elizabeth hospital Glasgow. Jean was involved in a collision with a car on Thursday 10th august whilst riding her bike in Chryston just outside Glasgow. I didnt know Jean personally, however I seen her out on her bike all the time, she always made me smile when I seen her on her bike hail, rain or shine. The police haven't been able to trace any of her relatives so far. RIP Jean you will be missed in the local area, Ive no doubt about that

Very sorry to hear this.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very sad, hope they manage to find her relatives. I'm sure she'll be sorely missed.

Tragic, and sad. She could have been enjoying her life for another 20 years or more. That's even likely.

But my parents both died of "natural causes" at 80 and 81, and were not capable of an activity like cycling for years before that. So a little happiness for 83 active years. Her whole life should not be remembered by the moment it ended.

I'm not criticising anyone else in this thread, it's just that it sounds like a pretty fabulous life and it should be celebrated as well as mourned.

[QUOTE 4916274, member: 9609"]My mother is 81 and still cycles everyday, I do worry for her shaing the roads with todays moronic drivers[/QUOTE]
My parents didn't cycle - due to a belief it was too dangerous. I often wonder if they would still be alive today if they had cycled. We can't know on an individual level what will keep us (or them) alive or kill us, but statistically speaking, your mum should keep cycling.

Everyone regrets the person who is killed by a car, and maybe wishes they had stopped cycling. But no one can know the person who died from a CV 10 years before they had to, because they didn't cycle.

Top Bottom