Cyclist down: Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Mum just came back from physio, looks like another cyclist has been hit by a driver exiting Saltmarsh Road on the Central Bridge RAB.

GSV LINK

She said a small red car was parked in front of the second set of bollards on the green cyclelane (which TBH I avoid now after my off in the very same place years back, and the poor road surface there). Ambo was in attendence.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hope she/he is OK

Downfader why is it that every time I read your posts you are giving out bad news or your favourites rants ie other car driver and roads ect don't you have any "happy news"

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Looks an unusual roundabout ... not quite sure that I like the look of it ... the exit for the cycle lane looks to take you very close to the entry slip road. I hope they make a quick recovery.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hope she/he is OK

Downfader why is it that every time I read your posts you are giving out bad news or your favourites rants ie other car driver and roads ect don't you have any "happy news"

I know. I've started to think the same myself. TBH its no where as bad as my posts sometimes portray.

Looks an unusual roundabout ... not quite sure that I like the look of it ... the exit for the cycle lane looks to take you very close to the entry slip road. I hope they make a quick recovery.

Its a MagicRAB ripoff I'm told. Without full understanding of how the MagicRAB works. You'll often see drivers pulling out on cyclists there, equally you'll also see a lot of cyclists coming off the Itchen Bridge (spin GSV 180 degrees) far too fast. I dont think thats what happened here though as the cyclist would have been far worse off.

He lives in Southampton that is why he has no "happy news" Portsmouth people are always happy!

That's because Portsmouth people are the partners of sailors who've just left for six months at sea or sailors who've just got back from six months at sea ;)

Top Bottom