Cyclist down Tooley St this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
coshgirl said:
Police have cordoned off the whole area, white racing bike in the road looks like it was fatal xx(

Hope not

OP
OP
C

coshgirl

Just heard from a workmate...

Who saw the other vehicle involved. A lorry, a rather big lorry is what he said... Really don't hold out much hope for the cyclist now

Molecule Man

That's horrible. I assume this is in London? I frequently commute along Tooley Street. There seem to be rather a lot of serious incidents there.
What time did it happen? Everything was back to normal when I came that way about 11.

CotterPin

This is terrible news. I actually work on Tooley Street (at the More London complex). This morning I took the bus in so was later than usual. I saw a police van across the road by the Staner Street junction but didn't see anything of the cyclist by then.

OP
OP
C

coshgirl

Well I came past about 9.45am this morning, and the bicycle was lying on it side across the junction where you turn right onto Tooley Street... The whole area was cordoned off

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I must say welcome to the forum coshgirl.
Not the best of 1st posts to be dealing with.
But a sad event. I always seem to imagine the 5yr old kid waiting for Mommy / Daddy to come home in these sort of situations.

OP
OP
C

coshgirl

Thanks Elmer. Indeed not a great way to start on the forum. It's things like these that make you aware of your own vulnerability, especially when it happens on a route you ride everyday...xx(

cupoftea

Unfortunately I saw two people down yesterday, 1 in low Thames Street yesterday morning, and another one opposite the Tower on the way home, I’m no sure if the second one was a cyclist but the first was a young women, and her bike was to one side.

OP
OP
C

coshgirl

Posted on another forum...

From 'On One'
I saw that. It was pretty nasty, I was heading West from Tooley St to Southwark St.

We pulled away from the lights together (big 6-wheeler lorry and a few cyclists, all turning left) and when I got under the railway bridge I heard a horrible crunching of metal and looked around to see this guy, well basically on the ground and his legs being ran over by a massive lorry.

The lorry driver jumped out, the cyclist was screaming and flailing and people ran over. Somebody picked up his bike in pieces and I carried on to work.

The cyclist was on the right of the lorry, and the driver didn't see him. It wasn't articulated but it must've clipped him as it was turning.

gazzaputt

Hmm up the inside of a turning lorry. Wise decision?

Also 'Somebody picked up his bike in pieces and I carried on to work.' Didn't hang around to give a statement or see if he could help in anyway?

Top Bottom