Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:eek: That is a horrendous thing to happen. I hope you recover quickly!!

Something made a loud crack in the bottom bracket area on my bike last ride - time to have a detailed checkover perhaps?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Something made a loud crack in the bottom bracket area on my bike last ride - time to have a detailed checkover perhaps?
More likely the BB itself I reckon, but the photo I posted above shows the importance of checking your bike regularly!

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I've known someones handlebars to fail,cant remember if that has happened to me.I know theres been all sorts of weird things,hope you are ok.

Yeah,brake cables as well.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Get well and fit soon,any factor on a bike can fail so a lesson to us all ! Keep a visual check constantly on all areas

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good grief. Glad you are still here. It is rare to crack cranks. Never had any myself, and three of my cranksets are 20 or more years old.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
What a horrible experience you have had! GWS and hope you are back in the saddle before too long.
Certainly made me think about carrying out a pre ride check list over above brakes and tyres.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I know swearing isn't the done thing on CC, but all language is about appropriate usage, so in reaction to your nasty accident I'd like to somewhat appropriately say fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Heal fast man, and dear god, if there's anything I can do to help don't hold back!

OP
OP
GfromHull

GfromHull

Thanks for all th GWS messages. wont be back on the bike for a while, just found out I need sugery on two of my finger due to broken bones. My partner is begging me to give the bike up as this year has cost me a Ribble (cracked frame), a Carrera TDF (crushed) and almost my life. need some way to talk her round...Help anyone ;)

Recycler

That sounds really nasty. I hope you are able to get back on the saddle soon.

As nobody has yet asked.....How old is the bike?

OP
OP
GfromHull

GfromHull

Th
You sound a little accident prone, how did the others occur? Get well soon, broken fingers are a real pain in the a**e.

The Ribble......I said to my 8year old son "Hold this" and he dropped it, didnt show at first but the carbon started to mist, meaning FUBAR. The Carrera was this accident.

Top Bottom