Cyclist from Ukraine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pokatos

Hi there
I recently opened youtube channel, where I will post videos about my trips. I live in Ukraine, and I think for most of you it is a rather unknown country, but I will try to show it with my own eyes from the point of view of a cyclist.
I live in Kharkiv, the second largest city (approximately 1.5 million of citizens) and it is quite a diverse region.
We have a lot of beautiful places, but there are also a total ghetto places with alcoholics and additcs. I'll try to show you both sides.
Also, on the last week I passed my first official ACP BRM 200 km, but unfortunately my cam didn't record it just because of quite low temperature.
Anyway I have a plan to ride more brevets in the next year and make a videos about it. You can subscribe now, if you like it, so you will not miss it :smile:
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tpGcuI8v4BoaCuW5UZ07g/

OP
OP
P

Pokatos

This is a video of my regular ride in the city. I went around almost the whole city, recorded trip on video in timewarp mode and I put it here almost without cuts. More rides in the city and outside you'll see in my next videos.

View: https://youtu.be/Tf7n1L7LOFY

OP
OP
P

Pokatos

My bike ride to the Koneva Hill (~ 15km away from the Kharkiv) at the end of this summer. I went without reconnaissance, just followed maps.me and it f*cked me, but thanks to this my offroad ride turned out cool adventure. I met two drug addicts in the forest, a couple of wild animals, I had to go through a field with high grass up to the waist, pass through the thorny bushes. It was a cool offroad cycling adventure in a beautiful and at the same time a spooky forest with deserted, overgrown paths. In addition to everything, I fell from the bike on the downhill! I put it here without cuts (almost) , but you can check timecodes for the most interesting moments, so you will not be boring.

View: https://youtu.be/FYydSU8vSwI

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Welcome. Nice section through the woods on the video

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Welcome.

I have actually been to Ukraine, quite a few years ago now, in the 1990's. I visited Kherson, and Keiv, on business.

I too have videos of my cycling outings, on Youtube, here, not as exciting as yours ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pokatos

Welcome.

I have actually been to Ukraine, quite a few years ago now, in the 1990's. I visited Kherson, and Keiv, on business.

I too have videos of my cycling outings, on Youtube, here, not as exciting as yours ;)
Hi, and how was that? In 90's there was only one type of business in our country

MV5BM2MyNjYxNmUtYTAwNi00MTYxLWJmNWYtYzZlODY3ZTk3OTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR...jpg

OP
OP
P

Pokatos

Guys, thanks for responses. For some reasons, I didn't get notifications on my email, so I missed your messages, but I appreaciate it. It's pleasuer to hear :smile:

OP
OP
P

Pokatos

By the way, here is new short video.

My first serious attempt to take a KOM in Strava. I woke up early in the morning to get on empty roads without cars. So, cars didn't interfere me, but crazy dogs interfered me lol. By the way, the guy at the very end of the video, just walked and brandished a 30cm knife. I noticed it only later. I would never honked him, if I had known it, lol

View: https://youtu.be/NwPEvelKgIE

Chislenko

Veteran
Pokatos.

Little known fact, Donetsk was originally built by a Welsh bloke called John Hughes and was first named Hughesovka after him.

He brought with him from Wales the business he had learnt there of coal mining and steel production.

Enjoy your cycling.

OP
OP
P

Pokatos

Pokatos.

Little known fact, Donetsk was originally built by a Welsh bloke called John Hughes and was first named Hughesovka after him.

He brought with him from Wales the business he had learnt there of coal mining and steel production.

Enjoy your cycling.
Hi, I didn't know it, thanks for interesting fact! I heard "Yuzovka" name, but didn't know what it means.

Top Bottom