Cyclist Gets Knocked Down & Run Over By A Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I thought this was a fake video (it seemed odd that somebody was filming at precisely the right time and place) but West Midlands Police are now appealing for information.

A cyclist is hit by a car that is turning right. The driver then continues and runs over the cyclist, only stopping when they are firmly wedged underneath the car.

KneesUp

Guru
'kin 'ell that's bad. Hope cyclist is ok?

(As for filming - that looks like it's the CCTV for that house covering their drive, but it happens to show over the road too. We have similar at work: it's motion sensitive so it films when there is movement - you get a lot of recordings of nothing interesting, but as it's all just stored on a hard drive and recorded over when it's a week old - unless you take a copy because you need it, as with the above - it's not an issue)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seems odd that all but one of the onlookers rush to the nearside of the car.

One might expect them to rush to the driver's side.

Perhaps it's left hand drive which might go some way to explaining why the driver failed to see the cyclist.

Drago

Legendary Member
The police officer has used their Bodyworn Video camera to record the neighbours CCTV screen by the look of things. Fair play to the public for trying to lift the car off the poor cyclist. For a moment it looked like the driver might get lynched.

I do wonder at the lack of reactions and seemingly slow mental processing of the driver.

icowden

Veteran
It's a small car. I'm guessing that the driver may be elderly, hence the poor reactions. Driver doesn't see the cyclist so treats driving over them as "bumps" going onto the driveway. Maybe a hearing issue too?

tom73

Guru
Boy that takes some watching it's just beyond shocking.
Fair play to ones that helped hope they nail them for this and the cyclist is still alive.
If they are still in one piece that is which maybe doubtful.

Seevio

Guru
Doesn't look like a common or garden SMIDSY to me. There's no change in speed for the turn. Also the driver doesn't seem to be going anywhere unless they really were about to park between the two driveways in front of the hedge. There was also no indicator, although that is not necessarily significant.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
It's a small car. I'm guessing that the driver may be elderly, hence the poor reactions. Driver doesn't see the cyclist so treats driving over them as "bumps" going onto the driveway. Maybe a hearing issue too?

So many reasons why the driver shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

KneesUp

Guru
It's a 2011-2018 Focus isn't it - 4m 36cm long, 2m wide and 1250kg to 1450kg depending on spec.That's a medium sized modern car, and a huge car by the standards of the recent past - it's longer than a short wheelbase Mk1 Transit.

Jody

Stubborn git
Don't rear the comments on the original Facebook post. It's a 50/50 split. A lot seem to think the cyclist was fair game for this and deserved what was coming to him. The mind boggles :wacko:

It's a disgusting world we live in :sad:

Top Bottom