Cyclist hasn't learnt to look where he's going...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Tbh I (and others) rightly slag off peds etc for not looking where they're going so for him to not look up for so long is just daft- hope he's not hurt but let's hope he learned his lesson

irw

Quadricyclist
I feel sorry for the bloke in the video - okay he should have been looking but you don't expect to find a vehicle stationary on an otherwise fast road.

Just spotted this video, and associated article on the Liverpool Echo website. I know the road they're on, and it's not particularly fast, nor is it particularly free of hazards- on the right of the video is a large popular park, and often there will be cars parked intermittently where they have pulled up.

A quick scout on google street view puts them parked here. For what it's worth, here's what looking in the direction of travel would look like! (There's a small roundabout just ahead of the blue truck.)

MrDaveCee

Regular
I must admit I did chuckle the first time I saw it. Referred to as "frooming" on another website which I think added to the chuckle.

As it has been brought up in this thread, may I ask is it seriously uncool to have a dust cap and ring nut thing on the valve of the inner tube?

What kind of chump buys a bike, takes the reflectors off it, dresses in black, then goes for a ride staring face down at the tarmac? And he's fatter than Adrian, if such a thing were possible.

a shame there's no mechanism by which cyclists can be banned.

Do we know what colour the car is, whether it had lights on and covered in HiViz....... after all if the could have been more visible?

Top Bottom