Cyclist headbutts pedestrian.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think it looks like the pedestrian "gave him the verbal's" and then continued when the bloke on the bike came back, seemed to be a lot of gesturing before the bloke headbutted him. Not condoning the bloke on the bikes action but we don't know what the 'City Worker' said to provoke the bloke into attacking him.
If that video is in real time, there was only eight seconds between the time the thug ran into the pedestrian on the road and the time he head-butted him. I would have thought most reasonable people need a lot more time for "provocation" before launching into a vicious assault. The guy's an animal.

U

User169

I think it looks like the pedestrian "gave him the verbal's" and then continued when the bloke on the bike came back, seemed to be a lot of gesturing before the bloke headbutted him. Not condoning the bloke on the bikes action but we don't know what the 'City Worker' said to provoke the bloke into attacking him.

What could he have said that would justify the cyclists response?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This needs sharing on as many different forums as possible, so hopefully he will hand himself in.
Please don't. Share some of the pics of hit and runners who killed or seriously injured people instead. They get mostly ignored because the wrongdoer is a fine upstanding motorist instead of a scum cyclist.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
This needs sharing on as many different forums as possible, so hopefully he will hand himself in.
Why? Don't we get enough of that from people with an anti-cyclist prejudice? Of course it's bad that someone hit someone else, but meanwhile people are getting killed by poorly-driven cars and trucks, or by snipers in various wars, so surely that should worry us more?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Why? Don't we get enough of that from people with an anti-cyclist prejudice? Of course it's bad that someone hit someone else, but meanwhile people are getting killed by poorly-driven cars and trucks, or by snipers in various wars, so surely that should worry us more?
Because it was an act of purely gratuitous aggression, that's why.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
"This is the basic list: ... When the amber light is flashing on a signal controlled pelican crossing, a driver MUST give way to any pedestrians on the crossing ( and of course when the red light shows see Highway Code Rule 196)"

I would have thought a driver must give way to any pedestrian regardless of what traffic lights and so on are doing, otherwise they're likely to kill them!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
So where's the calls for people to share all the other incidents I mentioned as widely as possible? Ever heard of the phrase "double standards" ?
People get killed by drivers and by snipers. The former, thankfully, usually do it by errors of judgement, not from malignancy. Snipers kill people because they are in a war and get told what to do.
The bike rider deliberately decided, within about three seconds (when he braked hard and chucked his bike aside) to assault somebody who offended him.
That's the difference.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
People get killed by drivers and by snipers. The former, thankfully, usually do it by errors of judgement, not from malignancy. Snipers kill people because they are in a war and get told what to do.
The bike rider deliberately decided, within about three seconds (when he braked hard and chucked his bike aside) to assault somebody who offended him.
That's the difference.
Then feel free to continue with the lynching. It's a shame you can't even see your own double standards, though. Don't bother replying, because I'm just going to put this thread on ignore, for my own mental health.

Top Bottom