Cyclist hit in Rosyth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
not heard anything yet !

Tetedelacourse

HLaB said:
Its on the Web now, it was a Hit & Run although there's not much details.

Horrible. Cyclists strike back in Rosyth though.

This morning I decided to bring the car into work. Heading out onto a roundabout, heading straight into direct sunlight, I saw a gap in the traffic and moved out. In the process I bumped into the back of a bloke on a scooter. He fell off but wasn't too badly injured.

Police and ambulance attended the scene and I was breathalysed (clear). Just been in touch with my insurance co. and about to get a quote for damage to my car, expecting to hear about damage to his scooter from the dunt and then the fall.

I was a bit shaken up and the guy was quite calm considering I'd just tossed him off his scooter.

15 years of driving without an incident. I hope it's 15 years plus til my next one, a truly horrible feeling. Beats me how anyone can drive off after something like that.

;):cry::smile:

ash68

hope the lady makes a full recovery and they catch the b**tard who left her lying in the road. Must be the scum of the earth, who could do something like that?;):smile:!

goosander

Über Member
Watch out...

For some reason the number of idiots on the road in this part of the world has increased a lot recently. This last week I've had several cases of cars passing way to close, but on Friday I was actually hit twice by cars on the way to work, in both cases the drivers didn't notice and just drove on.

The first was at the double roundabout at Inverkeithing where an old fart entered the roundabout without bothering to look causing me to brake sharply - my front wheel hit the back of his car. The second was in South Queensferry where I was overtaken on a blind right/left bend by a Citylink van who hit me with the side of his van as he turned in to left hander.

Fortunately I stayed on the bike in both cases, but unfortunately I didn't manage to get the registration numbers (not that the police would do anything).

purpleR

Guru
wow goosander that's a terrible tale - once would have been bad enough, but to be hit twice in one day... hope you are not too shaken up. There are some menaces out there.

Tynan

Veteran
sometimes people genuinely won't have noticed hitting a bike, not saying it's alright but there it is

'her helmet saved her from serious injury.'

what can that mean?

Top Bottom