Cyclist Killed in west Lothian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

i was coming through Kirkliston this afternoon (3 miles from my house ) the road was blocked and taped off by police , and very badly damaged car with traffic police doing investegation work .
very sad news is that the car has hit and killed a cyclist , police have not named the cyclist yet , such a shame ,
i use this road every day cycling its very popular with cyclists so feeling a bit shaken as its kinda near home .

take care out there guys

gavintc

Guru
I also spotted this on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/scotland/edinburgh_east_and_fife/10302350.stm

Very sad, and as yet few details. Like you, I know the location well. It used to be on my commute.

gavintc

Guru
sleekitcollie said:
police still doing investagation work , my sisters house is 200 yards away
situations like this u always start to wonder if u know the poor cyclist .

I agree, it was a regular route out of town for a number of my cycling friends. Whoever it was, will have a family and friends whose life has just changed. My thoughts are with them.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Just heard from my b-in-law who saw the scene, looks like the cyclist may have went through the windscreen.

This accident is a little too close to home.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the cyclists family.

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

HonestMan1910 said:
Just heard from my b-in-law who saw the scene, looks like the cyclist may have went through the windscreen.

This accident is a little too close to home.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the cyclists family.
I came passed it was not nice . Car very damaged but rather not go into details on here .
Ps I have seen car locally

HonestMan1910

Über Member
sleekitcollie said:
I came passed it was not nice . Car very damaged but rather not go into details on here .
Ps I have seen car locally

Yeah my b-in-law said it was a bit messy, not so good.

Also heard that the driver may have been foreign.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
saw this on the news, where exactly are we talking about at Kirkliston ? Go near their but not through it?

scrap that can read it again on website and it was at Sports Centre

I saw this on another thread, RIP and I offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

As I was saying on the other thread, ironically I quite often use the B9080 out of town through Kirliston as I find it safer than parallel routes whilst still offering directness.

ACS

Legendary Member
Saw this on Teletext earlier. It’s always sad to read of yet another tragedy involving one of our fraternity. Our sincere condolences to the family and friends. RIP

HonestMan1910

Über Member
MrGrumpy said:
saw this on the news, where exactly are we talking about at Kirkliston ? Go near their but not through it?

scrap that can read it again on website and it was at Sports Centre

Just at the motorway flyover, before the roundabout.

Top Bottom