Cyclist Loses Damages Case

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's jolly good news - these things happen if you are bunch riding, and manhole covers are tricky.... tough, get over it I say....

It was 'just an accident' that's it - not as though the guy at the front was pulling wheelies and messing about....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Quote from article: "....were part of a group of enthusiasts who met up regularly for weekend bike rides"

That's so NOT how a cyclist would describe it! Sounds vaguely pervy this way!

Good news indeed.

This is something I quite often have flick through my mind on club runs, when everyone screams down a descent in a close pack. I am always the one hanging back, riding to my sightline a la my IAM motorbike training.

Some people have made comments about my descending being poor, but put me on a road with open sightlines and I will beat almost everyone I know through the curves.

gary r

Guru
Good news!! we all know the risks in riding in a group/club run,Go out on yr own if yr not happy with it.we will all be signing disclaimers before group rides soon!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Hang on - the sueing bloke rode into the back of someone? It's his fault then.
If you run into the back of someone, it's pretty much always your fault.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
"They were part of a group that met up at weekends because they could go harder and faster together than they could on their own" How's that?
Some of them used to shave their legs and rub exotic oils into them. Seldom seen without a banana in their pocket...

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Hang on - the sueing bloke rode into the back of someone? It's his fault then.
If you run into the back of someone, it's pretty much always your fault.

He didn't even ride into him. He swerved to avoid him and hit the verge. He should be sueing the verge...

simonali

Guru
Accidents appear to be a thing of the past. There always seems to be a need to find someone to blame nowadays!

Top Bottom