Cyclist Nicknames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If it were not for the risk of being lynched by illiterate vigilantes, I reckon 'Pedalphile' would be rather good! :laugh:

The Couch

Über Member
If it were not for the risk of being lynched by illiterate vigilantes, I reckon 'Pedalphile' would be rather good! :laugh:
How do I report the disgusting and inappropriate usage in this message?!?

(I believe everyone will agree .... that avatar picture with the dark sunglasses is just inappriotiate ;))
(but I do like the nickname :smile:)

oldroadman

Veteran
Anyone who confesses their nickname when it maight be a bit, er, embarrassing, is looking for comment of the micky taking kind. It can vary with which team you are with. Non-English speakers can pick up on a word and it sticks. Can be very funny, or not, as the case may be!
No confessions :blush:

2641273 said:
Adrian "The Natural"******

+2

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just reading about Kubler the other day, not a bad career. He retired 57 years ago in his late 30s, at 94 he's the oldest living winner of the Tour! Although his nickname, The Cowboy, came from his penchant for Stetson hats I couldn't find a pic of him wearing one. There were some good racing photos though.

tumblr_lpbprliyHO1qcidxzo1_1280-604x860.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Just reading about Kubler the other day, not a bad career. He retired 57 years ago in his late 30s, at 94 he's the oldest living winner of the Tour! Although his nickname, The Cowboy, came from his penchant for Stetson hats I couldn't find a pic of him wearing one. There were some good racing photos though.

tumblr_lpbprliyHO1qcidxzo1_1280-604x860.jpg

Is that a good old "double clanger" on the bike?

Sharky

Guru
Those two front rings are nearly the same. If I recall they half the gear. I had a Campag one on an old Rotrax I bought off the bloke who once raced it.

It was the front changer I noticed. A hand operated rod front changer. I had one on one of my early bikes and every time you changed the front gear, it used to "clang".

In these days of indexed and electric gears, can you imagine what they had to use.

Top Bottom