Cyclist threatened with gun.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Man in US thinks guns are good. Shock.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've worked in the states (and carried a pistol for work) and you simply don't get into public arguments with people for that very reason. Old git is a nodder for waving a pistol about, cyclist is an idiot for letting himself get in a position where he ended up at gunpoint instead of simply carrying on with his day. They both have ego problems.

America has guns, we have SUVs.

Indeed, and despite several world wars, and all sorts of jolly skirmishes and conflicts, the car massively outweighs the shooter for the tally of people killed.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
In fact it's better not to get into any kind of confrontation over there.
I'm on another forum where most are American. One member had a item he sent to someone for repair and had no response back despite calls and emails. I suggested he go and call on the guy as he had his address.
' No thanks' was his respond 'they are rather well armed down there'.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im sure the cyclist felt jolly aggrieved, but wandering into a skinhead pub and singing Hava Nageela is just asking for a shoeing, yet he's the sort who'd still be all hurt and surprised when it goes sideways.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
One Saturday, near Tetbury, our CTC run was shot at with an air rifle from a house window (missed, heard the pellet thwack into the hedge opposite).

"You're not a real cyclist 'til you've been shot at", muttered one of the old guys.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
One Saturday, near Tetbury, our CTC run was shot at with an air rifle from a house window (missed, heard the pellet thwack into the hedge opposite).

Do you recall exactly where near Tetbury, and when this was? This information would be useful intelligence.

Top Bottom