Cyclist with one pedal on the Chester Road (Manchester)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This morning's commute was wonderful. The sun was shining and the only down side was arriving at work!

Anyhow, I came across a cyclists with only one pedal. I didn't realise the guy was wearing headphones and as I drew up behind him at a junction, apologised that I didn't have a spare. He said that he had the pedal, just had nothing for it to go on. I was a bit slow at this, and eventually realised he meant that he had no pedal spanner.

Unfortunately I don't carry one in my spares kit. I might do from now on though! Anyway, the guy also said something else which I didn't understand, but I realised it was probably a mumble of my surname. He conceded before we parted company that I looked very much like someone he used to know.

So I'm now puzzling about who this guy is. The only person I can think it might be, who is a cyclist, I can't imagine cycling up the A56. At least not back then when I knew him. Nor with headphones.
 
Location
N Staffs
You have encountered a ghost bike complete with rider... I understand you being spooked.
 

Garz

Squat Member
Location
Down
Never mind that, what about a commuting cat called ed that talks and has a surname..
 

Tynan

Legendary Member
Location
e4
don;t the pedals just spin on?

granted one spins off again, is that right?
 
Respect indeed. Much respect.
all-hail.gif
 

Tynan

Legendary Member
Location
e4
yes they do don't they, taking them off is the hard bit, putting them on is easy isn'it it

I can't remember, I recall an allen key from the inside
 
Top Bottom