Cyclists and headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnerH

Regular
hmmmm, with this discusion, it made me wonder... How do deaf people cope with regular cycling? And for the record I always ride with headphones...mostly listening to podcasts... ^_^

How many times on a cycle path have you used your bell and the pedestrains are totally unaware of you as their mp,3 are blocking out the sound of your bell !! I rest my case.

How many times on a cycle path have you used your bell and the pedestrains are totally unaware of you as their mp,3 are blocking out the sound of your bell !! I rest my case.

How many times have you shouted a warning at a car or rung your bell and they haven't heard you because their windows are shut!! I rest my case

Cars dont wear Ipods !! people do anycase cardrivers have probably got the radio turned up loudly lol which is another distraction .

Licramite

Über Member
I wear them when off roading - trouble is they always hit a really get up and go tempo just as I,m halfway up hill hanging on by my chinstrap
my hearing must be a bit duff so I don,t wear them on the road were I need to hear traffic

Licramite

Über Member
I've got an mp3 player and mini speaker that drops into a breast pocket on my cycling top.
you can hear it and all the sound around you. admittedly so can everyone else but hell do I care.

IckleTrixter

My route to work is on cycle paths with no road cycling (lucky me!)
I want to get a speaker for my bike or one in a 'bum bag' but would like some advice. Anyone got any links to reasonably priced ones in the UK?

Drago

Legendary Member
I only tried wearing headphones once. Unfortunately, 'Ace of Spades' came on the radio just after I left the house, and I arrived at work in half the normal time and dripping in sweat. Never again.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Thread necromancy alert, if anyone was going to follow up to any post on pages preceding the current one ..

Licramite

Über Member
Mini speakers are getting quite common, I have a little one I strap to my helmet , close enough to my ear to hear it without interfereing with surrond sound.
and if people don't like my taste in music, I'm only going to be their for a few seconds -so Ta-Ta.
though it can let you down when you have some peice by ZZtop and I'm chugging up a hill in granny gear. (I'm mean the gears , not wrinkled stockings and a cardy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom