Cyclists needed for art event in London on Sunday 6th Dec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Copied brom BikeBiz

Cyclists needed for art event in London on Sunday 6th Dec

I hope nobody minds me posting this but some info has just come my way and I thought a couple of people on here might be interested.

This is an appeal to cyclists who would like to take part in a new sound work at Gillett Square, Dalston, London E8 on Sunday 6th December between 12:00 noon and 9:00pm. You must be reasonably fit and able to cycle non-stop in 5 minute bursts.

Invisible Dust curator, Alice Sharp, is appealing to cyclists across London to take part on Sunday the 6th of December from 12:00 noon - 9:00pm in a new art work by internationally renowned sound artist Kaffe Matthews.

Matthews has made a new eight channel audio work that will take nine hours to unravel through eight speakers. It will be powered by bicycle. Each cyclist will be required to pedal non-stop for a minimum of five minutes.

Staged on the weekend before the UN Climate change Conference in Copenhagen, in clean air we fly is an Invisible Dust project that seeks to re-engage people in the issues around UK air pollution.

The work plays with the analogy between sound and invisible airborne pollution.

Kaffe Matthews, a world-renowned artist working in sound, has fed statistics about the local air pollution combined with the voices of local children into the recording and filtering of a new music ’composition’.

The resulting multi-layered work takes the form of an audience powered audio experiment that will fill Gillett Square.

The installation continues 7 -11 December, 12:00 noon - 6:00pm, at The Vortex Jazz Club

Simon Steven
Gillett Squared Press Office
Tel: 01843 596 194

User1314 said:
If I take part will be bought by Saatchi, after being dissected and stuck in a jar of formalhyate. Formalhydrate. Formulahydate. Erm...aspic

Doubt it User, although your legs might turn to jelly.

Top Bottom