Cyclists that put a slur on our good name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QuinnDexter

After returning home from my daily commute, I decided to visit the supermarket in my car. After leaving the supermarket with enough Ice cream to fill a swimming pool I noticed a rather shoddy looking guy on a ahoddy raleigh racing bike pass me , then wobble into the middle of the road as I approached. I used my horn and got a middle finger off him, then a tirade of abuse.

Cyclist "What's your focking problem"
Me "Would be an idea to indicate before you move to the centre of the road"
Cyclist "Whos says so"
Me "The Highway code and common sense"
Cyclist "$&387$&£&^$&*^£ £&$^^£!"&^£^"

He then road of, overtaking cars waiting at some lights before mounting the pavement and riding off.

If someone knocked him off his bike then it would be the motorists fault.

Anyone else have examples like this.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
15461-pop-corn.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I get this crap off my kids on the Scalextric...... you come off it's stop till all are on again........... :tongue:

Chill............ really.............

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

[quote name='The Highway code']212
When passing motorcyclists and cyclists, give them plenty of room (see Rules 162-167). If they look over their shoulder it could mean that they intend to pull out, turn right or change direction. Give them time and space to do so.

Motorcyclists and cyclists may suddenly need to avoid uneven road surfaces and obstacles such as drain covers or oily, wet or icy patches on the road. Give them plenty of room and pay particular attention to any sudden change of direction they may have to make.

[/quote]

As a cyclist, you should know how to drive around cyclists, especially those that don't look like they know what they are doing.

The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn

• while stationary on the road
  • when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
except when another road user poses a danger.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
[QUOTE 1151810"]
Yep, I have a problem with drivers and illegal use of the horn.

[/quote]

Nice response :thumbsup:

Institute of Advanced Motorsts:

Sounding your horn when you are close will startle them, maybe into swerving in front of you. They will usually be aware of you already! Slow down around cyclists and drive smoothly. Keep within the speed limit.

I must admit that IN traffic signalling is not always a good idea as you lose part of your control.

If the following traffic is sufficiently far away then your actions are clear enough without a signal.

What you need is an AirZound...pull up alongside, unleash the beast, smile and say "Guess what - I've got one as well!"

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One of the worst things when on a bike is someone blasting their car horn. Whether it's at you or at someone else. Downright dangerous.
icon_mad.gif

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Odd how there never any threads about driver's worrying about the bad behaviour of a few drivers giving all drivers a bad name.

Many drivers seem to think that the very act of driving a car makes them better than everyone else, they seem to think that once they have passed their test they no longer need to bother. Well the truth is the way you driver for your test is the way you are supposed to drive for the rest of your life!!

After returning home from my daily commute, I decided to visit the supermarket in my car. After leaving the supermarket with enough Ice cream to fill a swimming pool I noticed a rather shoddy looking guy on a ahoddy raleigh racing bike pass me , then wobble into the middle of the road as I approached. I used my horn and got a middle finger off him, then a tirade of abuse.

He passed you, then wobbled into the middle of the road. I take it he passed you on the left and then moved out the central white line?

taxing

I never signal when I'm moving into the centre of the lane, I wouldn't want people to think that I'm turning right/changing lane when I'm just positioning myself better for an upcoming junction/pinch point/avoiding a drain. Am I wrong? Obviously I wait for a gap in traffic before doing this by the way, I'm not swerving in front of speeding cars.

Im sorry if I wobble my bike...It must make me a bad person.

If some tit gave blew the horn at me unnecessarily he'd probably get the finger back.:whistle:

Sometimes that paramount to bullying.

Trevrev

Veteran
[QUOTE 1151810"]
Yep, I have a problem with drivers and illegal use of the horn.

[/quote]

Hear Hear........
People on horns are my only pet hate while riding. Sounding your horn from behind makes people jump, which in its self can cause a serious incident.
And deserves the middle finger!

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Speaking of horns, I had some idiot in a van beeping at me while stationary at a RED light, I was first at the queue and in primary ready to move off. He beeped again as we set off only for him to turn left. What an ass.

Top Bottom