Cyclist's Video's No Longer On YouTube.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meeshu

Über Member
Been following the video's on and off for many years of quite a few cyclists (maybe around 60 or so) that have posted their video's on YouTube .

Just tried to view some video's of cyclists after a "break" of around a year+ of watching these video's. But now I've noticed that some cyclists no longer have any video's at all, or now only have a few video's left at their YouTube site!?

I understand that some cyclists may have stopped cycling and therefore have stopped posting their cycling video's. Or maybe some cyclists have just stopped posting their (new) video's for whatever reason(s) but continue to cycle. Or maybe some cyclists are no longer in a position to post video's anymore?

I know some cyclists had heaps of video's previously uploaded to their accounts at YouTube, but now there are either no video's at all, or only a few (later) video's left!? Why remove the video's? I understand in some cases that some video's may have been removed for "legal" reason(s), but the majority of remaining video's should not have been subject to any legal issues(?)

Just curious as to why some cyclists video's are no longer available for viewing (via YouTube)!?

I could list the YouTube names of specific cyclists that either have no video's at all left, or only have a few video's left, but thought I would hold off on that for now.

Slick

Guru
I think you will need to name them as I follow a few myself but haven't noticed any videos being removed, unless it's some historical stuff.

OP
OP
M

meeshu

Über Member
Here are (some) cyclists YouTube accounts that are either closed, or have no video's anymore, or have only a few video's now, when they originally had lots of video's -

Aberdeen Cycle Cam
Bad Swindon Road Users
BlackCountryBikeCam
CommuterCurd
CycleDub
HorshamCyclist
roadieeeee
robojimpip

In one example case, for "robojimpip", the video's have been missing for several years now I believe!? Previously I recall watching quite a few video's there when there were dozens of video's available to watch!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The apostrophe abuse in this thread has reached new heights, even for CycleChat.

The plural of video is videos.

The plural of cyclist is cyclists.

Please, pretty please, take it on board.

vickster

Legendary Member
The apostrophe abuse in this thread has reached new heights, even for CycleChat.

The plural of video is videos.

The plural of cyclist is cyclists.

Please, pretty please, take it on board.
Maybe it should be cyclists’ videos ;) That is, the videos of the cyclists

OP
OP
M

meeshu

Über Member
Blast! Caught out by the Grammar Police once more!! :blush::smile:

Looks like it is back to Kindergarten for me again!! :smile:

Now, back to the topic. I was thinking that these cyclists with no or very few videos might be members of this forum and could enlighten us as to why their videos were deleted. Alternatively, maybe someone here at this forum who just happens to know the (specific) reason(s) why the videos were removed could enlighten us?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Your guess is as good as anybody's. People change, perspectives change. Youtube has changed, their terms and conditions have changed... They are equally free to upload as they are to delete. You might just have to find peace with that... With a bit of luck somebody might know them personally, but id wager they just don't do the internet thing much anymore...

Top Bottom